Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do we know which group gets their Model 3 next?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You will probably know tomorrow, 18th January, as the invites so far have been send out in 2 weeks intervals (last invite 4th January).
But, both should receive invite in this next around. According to the spreadsheet here on TMC almost all owners already have gotten their invite.

Definitely not all owners. I'm an owner who reserved in person in line on 3/31 on the east coast who still doesn't have an invitation.

Sure. I just wonder if owners who reserved months after the unveil will be prioritized over day 1 non-owners or not. We'll see.

I would definitely think that existing owners regardless of their reservation date will take priority over non-owners.
The first non-owners will be from California which is consistent with what we have seen for initial invites for owners. To what extent Tesla then goes by reservation date or geography will be what everyone is waiting for.
Certainly not a new theory but I expect Tesla will will then begin spreading deliveries across the country to even our deliveries and avoid over whelming individual delivery centers. Similir to what they seem to be doing now for owners.

Reactions: AlanSqB and chojn1
Mid to Late 2016 owners are getting invites now. So I guess they may finish all owners before day 1 non-owners.

I agree. Although one person over at M3OC reserved 1/4/18 on his dad’s account (owner) and was invited to configure today. He also got his VIN assignment within 30m of configuring (VIN in the 6000s, but he said he would reveal later)

It feels like all current (and previous owners) will be invited this week.

source: Doubling my odds... (1/4/18 reservation)
source: Instant VIN? (VIN assigned)

YEA ! ! !

Did not get an invite, but checked our account last night and nothing. Still the Nov 17 - Jan 18 dates. This evening still no invite, but when I checked the account it allowed me to configure with a 4 week delivery.

We reserved online (we are CALIFORNIA) on Sept 3, 2016 and took delivery of our new Model S 75D on May 15, 2017.

Good news for those wanting to configure now, my wife decided to wait for SR and D. I was okay with LR Premium RWD. Therefore I showed the delay online on our account so this Model 3 is now available for someone else to configure.