Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you have shudder on hard acceleration? AKA death rattle?

Do you have shudder on hard acceleration? AKA death rattle?

• Yes- Performance

Votes: 109 29.7%
  • Yes- Non-Performance

Votes: 154 42.0%
  • Have no idea what you're talking about.

Votes: 26 7.1%
  • No-Performance

Votes: 29 7.9%
  • No- Non-Performance

Votes: 49 13.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wanted to post a picture of the updated vs. the old clevis mount. Looks a little more robust, doesn't it? Some engineer has definitely put some effort in trying to fix the issue.
View attachment 866092

It's been a minnit. Has anyone validated that SB-21-39-001 offers new and improved parts that (relatively) permanently fix the problem? I'm at the beginning of experiencing this issue.

The updated parts do make a notable difference. It won't be permanent as all bushings do fail over time.

In my experience, the key was pointing the service team towards SB-21-39-001 part. I think there's an explanation in there somewhere.
I did that the first service request, and even included the TSB PDF in the request. The service "manager" simply said "no". But now providing two examples of other owners' invoices this year, and a link to this forum thread worked.

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
I think they are considered. There has always been the performance version of the Model S. It hasn't always been called "performance" but the version was always noted in one way or another.

For the death rattle, the suspension doesn't seem to be the factor that is causing the issue. Therefore there is no need to make a distinction between air and regular suspensions. I could be wrong on this point but most of the issues seem to be related to the half shafts and how the front motor is anchor to the frame.