Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you regret your color choice?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With Tesla's now limited color range, I find myself not particularly fully satisfied with any of the choices.

Please share your experiences with your M3:
- Are you happy with what you picked or do you see a different color and pine for it?
- Is there anything about your color you don't like? Gets too hot, shows too much dirt, gets chipped easily, etc.

Please share experiences along with how long you have owned (and of course, the color you chose and why).

Thanks!

Model S - Blue exterior, white interior. Early November, 2017. Absolutely love it. Still get compliments on the car. Originally my wife’s. Now mine, shared with daughter and son-in-law.

Model 3 - Midnight Silver Metallic exterior with gray aero wheels & covers, white interior. Late September, 2018. My wife didn’t want both cars to be same color. Looks good. LR P3D- no bling, no badge, so the stealth theme is appropriate. Wife’s car.

Wouldn’t change a thing if I were offered a do-over. One or more of our 3 grandchildren (6,9 & 9) are in one Tesla or the other nearly every day. White cleans up from mud, candy, ice cream, juice and even an episode of severe motion sickness. We do have a seat protector under the car seat.

• Informative
Reactions: john85775
I love the blue. I would have gotten a red 3 but we already have a red S and two red Teslas seemed a bit too much.

I wish Tesla offered the 3 the a huge array of colors, like they did with the original Roadster. I think that would increase sales, much as the wide range of colors in the early iMacs so effectively caught the consumer’s attention.

Reactions: N5329K
You mean silver. The other one is gray.
Yes, Silver with White interior.

2018-tesla-model-3-performance-113-1539105464.jpg

What's between white and black? Midnight Silver Metallic! They teach this stuff in grade school. I remember it well.

On a more serious note, I guess "Gray" sounds bland. "midnight silver" has the connotation of it being a dark silver = gray, so marketing guys went that route.

Problem is, when people are calling it silver (I've seen it referenced as such multiple times) then we run into the issue that no one knows what anyone is talking about.

Last edited:
Yes, Silver with White interior.

I think silver is the best color. It's what I would have got if I could. Tesla said it was selling 3x less than the other colors, so its easy to see why it was discontinued. All my cars since 2004 were some shade of silver:

2004 Liquid Silver Metallic, which was silver.

2010 Champagne Gold, which was silver with yellow in it.

2013 Silver Blue Pearl, which was silver with blue in it.

I got Obsidian Black when it was available, kinda feel stupid for paying a grand for what is essentially slightly more sparkly black.

I had an Obsidian Black Mercedes for 19 years. It looked great when newly washed. A real sharp looking color.

I traded it for a red Model 3, with black interior. We test drove two blue (AWD & Performance) and were going to go with blue (I would have considered black but Obsidian was no longer available and I had already had that color anyway), but when I went to order online, I switched to red. I chose the black interior because (1) the white seemed to require more maintenance, (2) people seemed to have problems with some staining, such as with dark blue jeans and (3) I like the light wood dash trim better than the white (which seemed to cause some glare issues in certain light). But the white interior certainly looked sharp, especially in the blue model we test drove. The sales rep called the Performance model we test drove patriotic - blue, with white interior and red calipers.

Red. Love it. Seems not to show dirt any more than expected. Love how light colored performance wheels don’t get much brake dust.

I just hope the white interior holds up long term, or at least for the 3 years of my lease term :D

Picked it up just short of 60 days ago

Last edited:
Reactions: john85775