Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone have the Evannex cup holder insert?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SDKoala

M3LR RWD / MYLR
Apr 11, 2018
San Diego
This one: Cup Holder Insert for Tesla Model 3

I've been using the 3D printed ones that @chojn1's kid made for a school project (https://www.mymod3.com/product-page/cupholder) for about a year but want something that lines the bottom and keeps the cup wells connected as one big space. (I have a number of things that I'm always trying to drop in the cup holder area temporarily like my wallet, small notepads, rigid parking passes, and none of them fit with the individual inserts in place.)

Any feedback on pros and cons of the Evannex product would be appreciated. They obfuscate shipping cost until you put in an address (hate it when online stores do that), so if anyone knows a ballpark for that, please share.

Evannex cup holder is a winner. Have had it for about 2 weeks--holds cups cans gently but firmly in place yet easy to take cup or can out when you want to sip. Highly recommend. Only downside is a bit pricey but solved my problem with drink spillage so worth it for me.

I've had one for a few weeks now and it's awesome. I thought the little wings would be too flimsy to hold things like large hot coffee cups, but they work great. This massive cupholder design doesn't make sense to me as its such a non standard size. Even the rear cupholders in the armrest have some sort of adjustment.

I've also had a 3d printed insert but lost it when I probably threw it out with an empty water bottle.

Would you please elaborate. Why do you prefer the Evannex cup holder over the 3D printed cup holder?

I've also had a 3d printed insert but lost it when I probably threw it out with an empty water bottle.

This is one of the reasons why I want to replace the 3D printed ones. They do their job, but frequently stick to the actual cup. Because they're so light, it's easy to miss that you've lifted the insert out of the holder.

Thanks for the link. I bought one of the 3D printed plastic inserts a while ago. While they do the job, they’re a hassle because as others have pointed out they stick to the cup and as you lift the cup they fall right out. I’m definitely getting the Evannex ones. Looks like a great product.

I can’t comment on this item but I do have spring loaded tabs in my cup holders in my Subaru and they’re totally useless. If I have a taller cup, like a Starbucks venti size, I always have to hold the cup to prevent it from tipping over. Perhaps the springs have worn over time but in my opinion the Evannex one seems like it’ll work better.

• Informative
Reactions: jkcheng122
I just got mine. My only complaint is that it’s not the exactly the right shape. Looking back, I can actually see it in the advertised shots. See the marked image:
B40D7E2E-1746-4C2C-8CE7-8FA8EC8A00AD.png

But generally, I suppose it does what it needs to.

I just got mine. My only complaint is that it’s not the exactly the right shape. Looking back, I can actually see it in the advertised shots. See the marked image:
View attachment 444052

I got the Evannex a few weeks ago. The one I received fits a little better. Maybe a different batch? Anyway, it’s perfect for the majority of cups I’ve tried in it. Way better than those sleeve inserts. And it fully covers the entire cup holder including the bottom so any spillage goes right inside the Evannex. Also very easy to clean.

View attachment 444052

You should contact them and see if they'll replace it. That's not how mine looks. There's a bit of gap (1 mm or so) at that part, but not nearly as big as your photo shows.