Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone wave anymore?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my M3 early last week and nice drive back from Heathrow to Dorset.

Passed one MX, no wave.

Since then have passed at least a dozen MS, MX and one M3 and nothing!

Now I’m feeling like a bit of a clown waving at people!

Is waving at other Tesla drivers not a thing anymore?

Watch out because there is a new breed of Model 3 driver out there.
Back in the day, we all used to give a friendly wave to each other. I'm talking way back in August.
I still do, however I'm not getting the same level of response as I used to.
I suspect the community may have been penetrated by some riff-raff
Whatever next? AA patrolmen will stop saluting soon...

I posted the above in November.
I still wave (except in London)

I've been driving Model S for 4 years now. When I first started, seeing another Tesla was a truly rare occurrence and we would, 95% of the time greet each other with a wave/salute. This continued until around the middle of 2019 and, with the advent of the Model 3, has reduced to probably less than 15% giving an acknowledgement whether MS MX or M3. I still salute each time I see a Tesla which in a typical day is 3-4 times.

I can understand new owners having enough on their plate without looking for salutations from other Tesla drivers but after a few weeks surely they are familiar with their Tesla and want to share their enthusiasm with fellow owners.

For the record - and I am embarrassed to admit this - back in the late 60's I drove (aimed) the legend that was the Reliant Regal and without fail every other Reliant would wave frantically - OMG what have I confessed to?

I'll give you a wave if you like. Please message me in advance to let me know where and when....

I have been trying to train my 6 year old to wave at Teslas and folk don't even tend to wave back at him, so I figure I've no chance. Like others have said, 6 months ago we waved and got quite a few back, now not much.

I was last waved at whilst heading to the Service Centre ... I was wrestling with my failed power steering at the time! I was a bit late in returning the wave unfortunately but my priority was to keep the car heading in the right direction at the time!