Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone wave anymore?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wave to any I pass. More of a hand wave or micro flash. If I see them thst is. What I have noticed is the model x owners don't bother with model 3s.i think they think they are to high and mighty. My local grey x dosnt bother at all!
Unfortunately I also have a motorhome, so I've ended up being conditioned to even waving at suspiciously shaped bin lorries when I've not been paying attention.

You can bet dollars to donuts that I'll be waving to every Tesla I see when I'm out in my X (when it arrives)

Reactions: Beady3647
You will love it when it arrives. The acceleration alone is totally addictive. The frequent updates are a lovely bonus.
I genuinely am having second thoughts! I knew about the terrible build quality beforehand but I once bought a TVR Chimera, so I'm used to putting performance over build quality and comfort.

I know from my test drives that I'll love the performance. I still can't get over the handling. It's far from perfect but it weighs the same as my current car and the driving dynamics, the way it handles that weight, are on another planet entirely.

I think Tesla's "throw a six to start" random car allocation process is just stressing me out. I should have looked into that before I ordered. it's really unpleasant.

I genuinely am having second thoughts! I knew about the terrible build quality beforehand but I once bought a TVR Chimera, so I'm used to putting performance over build quality and comfort.

I know from my test drives that I'll love the performance. I still can't get over the handling. It's far from perfect but it weighs the same as my current car and the driving dynamics, the way it handles that weight, are on another planet entirely.

I think Tesla's "throw a six to start" random car allocation process is just stressing me out. I should have looked into that before I ordered. it's really unpleasant.
I almost bought a TVR Chimera when it was first out! A bright blue one with a blue hood. In the end the lack of airbags and ABS put me off and I bought a Honda Prelude VTEC (quite a contrast!) When I was at the TVR launch at the TVR Centre in Arkley Right Said Fred were there buying one.

The build quality on my Long Range is fine. I don't chuck it round corners so I am more interested in the acceleration and the ride.

I was allocated my car on the Glovis Captain and tracked its journey through the Panama Canal with the help of Mr Miserable on the Shipping Movements thread. Then it got stuck in Southampton just as lockdown started and the Brent X shop allocated me a different one they had lying around. I was just happy to have any one really!

I really, really like Autopilot!

It was an awesome car, but I couldn't keep it for long, the tiny service interval and huge servicing costs meant running the damn thing was nightmare. £6000 services for a car I only paid £8000 for? No thank you. I did love it though, you missed out. Mind you with getting a bulletproof Honda the things you missed out on was making friends for life with your AA man and ordering new alternators.

Yeah the Tesla acceleration is just on another planet! Handy for overtakes.

I'm sure when I can find out what ship my car is on (frustrating as I have the VIN but no delivery date) I'll be tracking the damn thing. My friends sister actually lives near the Canal, if it's on the Grand Dahlia I might even ask her to go down and hurry it through the locks!

I'm looking forward to playing with the autopilot too.

Reactions: AnthonyLR
I'm sure when I can find out what ship my car is on (frustrating as I have the VIN but no delivery date) I'll be tracking the damn thing. My friends sister actually lives near the Canal, if it's on the Grand Dahlia I might even ask her to go down and hurry it through the locks!
If you have the VIN then Tesla should be able to tell you the ship it is on? You just need to find someone helpful...

Reactions: Neilio