Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does getting a Y quickly = previous reject?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed my order for my Perf Y on Wednesday. I was talking to the sales rep over the phone at the time and she mentioned they might find one that matches my specs sooner. Sometimes in only days or weeks. If they do find one that fast, does that mean it was ordered by someone else who rejected it? Is there a valid reason to reject one other than quality? The wait will kill me but I don't want someone else's lemon.

• Funny
Reactions: InternetDude
And how do you know this for a fact?
Because if they are building VIN’s in the 30,000’s today; why would a new order receive a VIN in the 10,000’s? They are not necessarily sequential but they also aren’t off by orders of magnitude like that.

You can feel free to roll the dice if you want. I would not accept anything outside the current range for my own new order.

I met with someone today who is going to install PPF for me.
He was working on white Model Y
For the life of me it was beautiful.
The car has presence.
Only after remembering this forum.
I began to look harder than I've ever searched before .
I felt like I was looking for waldo
Finally I found the issues . The left side molding on front door was slightly mis aligned.
But Honestly it was nice.
Back lights fine panel gaps good.
Im picking mines up next week
I will look over but leaving the microscope home.
Seriously my escalade came with issues also foam hanging out of vent. Paint dull spots.
But also mechanicals issues that to this day it still has .
So perhaps just perhaps let's not think that every blip is a reject.
Dont confuse this with a screwed car .
Probably just jinxed myself

I would stay away from VINs < 20000. I think they constitute the bulk of the batch for the "Quarter End Push" which means they were ALL rushed off the line. I rejected my first one on 6/30 that had a VIN 153XX.

VIN numbers are mostly produced in consecutive order but it is not always the case. 01xxx VINs will be coming off the line for awhile (though fewer than in June). Also, plenty of cars produced in June (01xxx VINs) are just fine.

Reactions: slamper
I have a 17xxx picked up this week with build date of July 1st. Perhaps color, interior, wheels make a diff too. Feels like no method to the madness...

Attachments

• 15F26CE1-1745-47DB-A989-E7C10A0D6A7B.jpeg
    15F26CE1-1745-47DB-A989-E7C10A0D6A7B.jpeg
    511.8 KB · Views: 91
  • B9D9BC41-BA10-44B1-BD65-CF98674E238D.jpeg
    B9D9BC41-BA10-44B1-BD65-CF98674E238D.jpeg
    515.4 KB · Views: 74
  • 4A09F458-84B4-4A45-BD8D-B4292FDF6463.jpeg
    4A09F458-84B4-4A45-BD8D-B4292FDF6463.jpeg
    447.1 KB · Views: 58
I ordered Wednesday morning at 10 am and was asked to schedule pickup on Friday at 11am.

That’s 49 hours. We are scheduled to pick it up on the 25th, 10 days after ordering.

I had a Vin sometime Thursday, didn’t check until 4:30pm. It’s 25,2XX, the car is a LR-AWD, the only option is blue paint. I have seen some speculation, and perhaps I have added to the speculation, that blue is not one of the popular colors.

I wanted to be in the 30’s for VIN and I thought this was going to take 4-8 weeks but I’m going for it!

I ordered Wednesday morning at 10 am and was asked to schedule pickup on Friday at 11am.

That’s 49 hours. We are scheduled to pick it up on the 25th, 10 days after ordering.

I had a Vin sometime Thursday, didn’t check until 4:30pm. It’s 25,2XX, the car is a LR-AWD, the only option is blue paint. I have seen some speculation, and perhaps I have added to the speculation, that blue is not one of the popular colors.

I wanted to be in the 30’s for VIN and I thought this was going to take 4-8 weeks but I’m going for it!

Find out the build date.

Just ask your service advisor when you get assigned a VIN. They can give you all the details of the car including build date and history if it was rejected. It’s also the service advisor who reassigns it so you can tell him outright you don’t want a car that was rejected due to issues. In many cases, the cars that were rejected originally for major problems are now fixed so they’re offloading many of these, but again, the service advisor should be able to tell you the full history and timeline.

Reactions: imola.zhp
Just ask your service advisor when you get assigned a VIN. They can give you all the details of the car including build date and history if it was rejected. It’s also the service advisor who reassigns it so you can tell him outright you don’t want a car that was rejected due to issues. In many cases, the cars that were rejected originally for major problems are now fixed so they’re offloading many of these, but again, the service advisor should be able to tell you the full history and timeline.

I just sent this email, thank you for the suggestion.

“******* or whomever it may concern,

I received the invitation to schedule delivery of my Model Y, reservation number RN11*******.

I was assigned VIN 5YJYGDEE4LF0252**.
Could someone please send the history on this Model Y when time provides? I would like to know the build date and I would like to make sure this car was not rejected by someone else.

Kind regards,

Marcus ********
Sent from iPhone”

I just sent this email, thank you for the suggestion.

“******* or whomever it may concern,

I received the invitation to schedule delivery of my Model Y, reservation number RN11*******.

I was assigned VIN 5YJYGDEE4LF0252**.
Could someone please send the history on this Model Y when time provides? I would like to know the build date and I would like to make sure this car was not rejected by someone else.

Kind regards,

Marcus ********
Sent from iPhone”

please keep us posted if you get any reply. Thanks.