Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Homelink work with your Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For our gate opener, I had to open the housing door, pull out the remote receiver, remove its cover and find the learn button on the circuit board. After pressing the learn button, pressing the homelink entry on the screen completed the process.

Anybody have TWO houses with a single code for both? All my cars I program with the one code, but the geofence on the Tesla is going to require a second entry for the same code. That seems silly. Am I wrong? Is there a way to have two addresses pop up the HomeLink button?

-Randy

Anybody have TWO houses with a single code for both? All my cars I program with the one code, but the geofence on the Tesla is going to require a second entry for the same code. That seems silly. Am I wrong? Is there a way to have two addresses pop up the HomeLink button?

-Randy
For the second home you’ll just have to manually open it on the home link screen. No geo fence. But I think you can use the same code like any other homelink

I have a genie 2024. When I went through the setup process for Homelink on my model 3 everything looked good but the car's Homelink could never open or close the garage door. After numerous retries I finally figured out an extra step to add to the Tesla setup that got it working. Once I finish all the Tesla walkthrough steps I then added one extra step that got everything working. I turned on the learning of my garage door one more time and then press the button on my Tesla display and that finally paired them up and now Homelink works perfect.

A lot of the time when trying to close my garage I need to hit the homlink button 3 or 4 times for my opener to finally get the signal and start closing. This doesn’t happen all of the time but often enough to be annoying. Pulling into my driveway and opening the garage door is much more reliable. Not sure why I’m having these issues. Perhaps it’s time to reprogram homelink.

I’ve mentioned this in other threads but good to repeat here. If you’ve installed LED bulbs in your opener this will interfere with most garage door transmitter signals. My Mustang didn’t really have an issue but for some reason the Model 3 has a bigger issue with interference from LED bulbs. Genie makes an LED bulb specially designed for garage door openers that operate at a different frequency that regular LED bulbs. As soon as I changed my the bulbs in my opener to the special Genie LED bulbs homelink works every single time on the first attempt and my range has also doubled. If you have regular LED bulbs in your garage door opener swap them out.