Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Homelink work with your Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve mentioned this in other threads but good to repeat here. If you’ve installed LED bulbs in your opener this will interfere with most garage door transmitter signals. My Mustang didn’t really have an issue but for some reason the Model 3 has a bigger issue with interference from LED bulbs. Genie makes an LED bulb specially designed for garage door openers that operate at a different frequency that regular LED bulbs. As soon as I changed my the bulbs in my opener to the special Genie LED bulbs homelink works every single time on the first attempt and my range has also doubled. If you have regular LED bulbs in your garage door opener swap them out.
I have 2 very bright LED bulbs in my 8550 opener. No issues. My 8500 Openers the lights are 50' from the opener, but they also have LED bulbs in them. No issues.

Red, but the openers are only 2 years old. Far as I know, they're still the same ones sold for Liftmasters today.
Thanks. I went ahead and bought the homelink bridge and it still didn't work. I broke down and bought a new MyQ control panel (model 888LM) at Amazon and it finally work! I found multiple post in amazon that others had similar problems with the control panel going out. For me, it was just the learn function was not picking up new accessories and it wouldn't let me erase the old remotes. I should have known something was wrong with the panel when the learn light would not stay on for the learning after pressing it twice. I hope this helps with others using this MyQ panel.

I’ve mentioned this in other threads but good to repeat here. If you’ve installed LED bulbs in your opener this will interfere with most garage door transmitter signals. My Mustang didn’t really have an issue but for some reason the Model 3 has a bigger issue with interference from LED bulbs. Genie makes an LED bulb specially designed for garage door openers that operate at a different frequency that regular LED bulbs. As soon as I changed my the bulbs in my opener to the special Genie LED bulbs homelink works every single time on the first attempt and my range has also doubled. If you have regular LED bulbs in your garage door opener swap them out.
Thanks for info. I'm not using LED lights but I do have fluorescent bulbs, energy savers. I wonder it this causes problems. My range when my liftmaster 8500 worked was serious poor. I have to be up against the door with the Tesla S to activate.

I have a 14 year old craftsman that I couldn’t get to program I struggled with it for a while, even tried to use my other car pointed nose to nose with the 3. That was almost 2 weeks ago. Today since I’m here with the electrician installing my wall charger I gave it a go and the hold for 2 seconds worked perfectly. I had to move it around (the remote that is) and think it “learned” just medial inferior to the drivers headlight.

I couldn’t get mine to work at first either but try the following:

1. Open the frunk
2. Hold garage door opener for 2 seconds at a time, release, 2 more seconds, until headlights flash

After doing this mine worked on the second 2 second push.

i am still having issues with liftmaster at our main community gate. Want to try the steps above. After I open the frunk, do I place the remote in the frunk and start to click on it or do I still need to do it in front of the bumper. Didn't know exactly where I should be holding the remote in this process.

i am still having issues with liftmaster at our main community gate. Want to try the steps above. After I open the frunk, do I place the remote in the frunk and start to click on it or do I still need to do it in front of the bumper. Didn't know exactly where I should be holding the remote in this process.
I made a video of how I got it to work on my ~15 gear old Craftsman door.

I've tried to program about 50 times and been unsuccessful each time. Everything looks like it should work/program it, but in the end HomeLink does not work. I also have a 15ish year old Craftsman. I never get to the "train/rolling code" portion of programming.