Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Production Time Matter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, I have a story to tell you that is related... Last year at this time, a former Connecticut P85D orderer named PIPPEN here on TMC had his car "lost" in production for an extensive amount of time. His color was the multiocoat pearl white. Now at that time many P85D cars were held up due to seat shortages as you may recall and were apparently pushed aside awaiting seats to arrive.

Not PIPPEN... come to find out in January that the pearl white paint job just could not be made correct on his car after many corective attempts. So he was given a new VIN, new production start and eventually got his car in a few months. Oh, Tesla was kind enough to fix his lack of car situation on this end, and he was driving a P85+ loaner during that two month window when the second car was being built... What happened to his first car is unknown.

To end the story, his job moved him from CT and he put the P85D up for sale here on TMC... I do not know the outcome of that.... kind of a sad story... he had the car totally wrapped in Expel Plus too.

Hope is with you on a positive outcome. BTW, paint problems are not uncommon. A buddies Jag has been refused due to major orange peel. Its just that other auto makers do NOT let you see the progress or lack of said same as Tesla does. The salesman, in those cases, folds his hands, smiles and says...."It's coming...".

I trust I did not Horrify you with this story....

Last edited: