TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Does Tesla have automatic "call the ambulance in case of wreck" telematics ie MBZ?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by calisnow, Jan 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

Anyone know this? If not, is it a feature promised on the software update list? Years ago my dear mother unintentionally ran a red in my BMW 545i - which I'd had only two months - and tapped another car. The impact was enough to set off the car's telematics system (which she didn't even know the car had) and moments later a disembodied voice in a call center was speaking to her - asking if she was okay, etc.

It just occurred to me today that I had assumed Model S has this Onstar/Teleaid type of telematics but then I looked at their site and can't find anything about it.

2. trils0n

trils0n 2013 P85

I believe the car contacts Tesla. Many who have been in accidents where airbags deploy report receiving a call from Tesla shortly after the incident.

3. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

Thanks - weird that it isn't a feature listed on the safety specs on their website.

4. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

May not be worth the liability to list it.