TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Does Tesla have automatic "call the ambulance in case of wreck" telematics ie MBZ?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by calisnow, Jan 20, 2016.

1. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

Anyone know this? If not, is it a feature promised on the software update list? Years ago my dear mother unintentionally ran a red in my BMW 545i - which I'd had only two months - and tapped another car. The impact was enough to set off the car's telematics system (which she didn't even know the car had) and moments later a disembodied voice in a call center was speaking to her - asking if she was okay, etc.

It just occurred to me today that I had assumed Model S has this Onstar/Teleaid type of telematics but then I looked at their site and can't find anything about it.

2. trils0n

trils0n 2013 P85

I believe the car contacts Tesla. Many who have been in accidents where airbags deploy report receiving a call from Tesla shortly after the incident.

3. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

Thanks - weird that it isn't a feature listed on the safety specs on their website.

4. brkaus

brkaus Member

May not be worth the liability to list it.