Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the Model S have an OBD-II connector?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is from this forum September, 2013 by ElSupreme. Don't know if it helps:
ElSupreme, Sep 27, 2013

I am pretty sure all cars made now have to have an OBDII port. And they are required to be near the steering wheel. The one in the Model S is directly above the dead pedal, under the steering wheel, as shown in this picture.
wp_20130927_003-jpg.31547

This is from this forum September, 2013 by ElSupreme. Don't know if it helps:
ElSupreme, Sep 27, 2013

I am pretty sure all cars made now have to have an OBDII port. And they are required to be near the steering wheel. The one in the Model S is directly above the dead pedal, under the steering wheel, as shown in this picture.
wp_20130927_003-jpg.31547
That's the OBD2 "federally required" port that doesn't really do anything. I'm looking for the diag port that most Model S years seem to have under the screen behind the cubby

Reactions: DerbyDave
LIke the kick panels or side of the center screen? I haven't looked in either, but is it possible it is in one of those spots?

The side panels beside the cubby. On my 2014 S the diag connector was behind the cubby. On my 2016 X the diag connector was behind the right side panel. The cable is pretty short, and just hangs down from the bottom of the MCU.

The video and pictures here may help. You can see the cable drops down from the right side. If it is not in the cubby, it can also be down the side.

Tesla Model S and Model X (2015 or older) | FleetCarma

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MXLRplus
13 MS85 VIN ending 9919. Have ODB2 port above dead pedal AND custom connector (require the 12-15 ODB2 adapter) behind cubby under MCU.

Anyone know which (or both) are alive? Don't have BT dongle + app + OBD2 adapter yet so thought I ask.

Last edited: