Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does your glovebox look like this (M3)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
43 views..... 0 replies. Have I uncovered some glovebox conspiracy?

Or maybe my picture does not make it obvious what the "problem" is. See the top gap on the left, vs the right

I don't have a M3 but i just clicked on it to see what you were talking about. I thought you might have made some cool survival kit/storage area in there but you are talking about the uneven gap that goes across the top. It might have been helpful to describe your issue in the title or body of your original post so people knew what they were looking for.

I have a 2018 M3P+ and the left gap is slightly larger than the right gap on my glove box. Even sitting in the passenger seat it was not noticeable. I had to get down under the dash area to really see this gap. It's of no concern to me, and likely falls within the thousands of panel gap issues that people report all the time. If it's creaking or causing issues with closing the glove box, that's one thing. This is not something I have noticed or others have pointed out while riding in the car.

I think sometimes people have to high of expectations on purchases. I owned a BMW X3 that cost more than this car, and it had just as many tiny issues as my model 3 (and I'm pretty sure it has a slightly ascue glove box as well).

If you pay half a mil or more for a vehicle, then maybe expect near perfection. For 50k... not so much. But like said earlier, to each their own.

Our cars getting updates OTA unlike pretty much every other car on the planet; that makes the car better, more features, fix problems, etc... that alone makes small panel gaps etc. Bearable.

That being said, if it is a problem, everyone has the right to at least expect the company to fix it if desired