Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does your spouse have your key on their phone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We both have Find Your Phone enabled on each others phone and it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Saves so many headaches. I might be waiting to be picked up and I can see she never left the house.

Yes, her phone has the the same access mine does, totally silly not to.

It's fine with me for my wife to know where my car is. The reason I won't give her access is that I know she would mess with me. Cabin temp would be up to 90 degrees, speed limit would drop to 40 mph, and the horn would honk randomly. All in good fun of course. (Do those functions actually work while someone is driving the car?)

The Tesla is 'mine' but it's really ours, just like everything else. My wife has the phone app and a keycard, just like I do. Sometimes I need to bring something to her at work; she can see when I am about to arrive and come downstairs to meet me outside the building when I get there. We both look at the location info occasionally when the other one has the car, and then the one with the car jokingly calls the other one a stalker, LOL

There was never a single thought about either of us not having complete access.

Can I do this for my friends phone, that I hang out with constantly? I thought what if I lose my iPhone or it breaks while we hang out, if having my friend install the Tesla app on his phone would make sense. Then I will log in, will the Tesla allow another phone to start having all the controls? Kind of like having a second set of keys in emergency?

Just as a back up plan in case my phone runs out of battery, damaged, or lost.