Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dog/Sentry mode rolling out next week says Elon.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve held off buying a USB flash drive for TeslaCam use, instead waiting to hear what recommended capacity USB drive is recommended for the expanded Sentry dashcam version. Haven’t seen anything on this subject mention by Elon, Tesla or beta testers (maybe they can’t say while doing the beta testing?). Am looking forward to try it out. Really miss not having a hardwired Blackvue in this car.

When I heard Dog Mode mentioned I was picturing the car would go into doberman mode when sentry mode detected evil-doers messing with your car and maybe instead of music to soothe the perps they’d get loud angry barking. Nice if the car could put some teeth into it too lol.

Last edited:
I'm guessing "dog mode" will keep a message on the screen when activated. Perhaps something similar to this:

Don't worry, my owner will be back shortly. I'm comfortable and not in danger. Current cabin temp is xx degrees.

I thought it would play a dog growling sound when it sees a person near your car. The longer he/she stays, the louder the sound would go LOL.

• Funny
Reactions: Saghost
I'm guessing "dog mode" will keep a message on the screen when activated. Perhaps something similar to this:

Don't worry, my owner will be back shortly. I'm comfortable and not in danger. Current cabin temp is xx degrees.
You left off the last part of that message:
However contented I may seem, please beware: I'm a SENTRY dog and if you attempt to molest my owner's car, I will bark like mad. And if you smash the rear quarter window and reach in, I will bite your fricken hand off! Seats have a stain resistant treatment, so my owner isn't concerned about getting blood all over them.

Just received a mail from Tesla that says this about sentry mode:

"Soon, Sentry Mode will be enabled on your Model 3 via an over the air software update, and will monitor your car’s environment while it’s parked. When a potential threat is detected, the cameras on your car will begin recording, and the alarm system will activate. In the meantime, for owners looking to prevent theft, we also recommend removing valuables from your car and leaving the rear seats folded down with the trunk empty when parked."

Reactions: MP3Mike

"Soon, Sentry Mode will be enabled on your Model 3 via an over the air software update, and will monitor your car’s environment while it’s parked. When a potential threat is detected, the cameras on your car will begin recording, and the alarm system will activate. In the meantime, for owners looking to prevent theft, we also recommend removing valuables from your car and leaving the rear seats folded down with the trunk empty when parked."
I can't wait till the details come out.

Curious to see how this would effect phantom drain.

• Funny
Reactions: Kant.Ing

I use two signs in my window. My dog is Cool.PNG My dog is Hot.PNG

Reactions: MorrisonHiker

No email for me yet. I guess this explains why there's been a lull in new updates the past few weeks; they're probably trying to get everything into one big update. If the update also includes advanced summon I wonder if this will count as version 9.1.