Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dolby Surround Sound keeps turning Dolby Surround Sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Dolby Sound option of my 2017 X keeps turning off each time my car powers off. The feature works fine while turned on. It's strange that a feature that I spent a chunk of change to upgrade keeps getting disabled.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it a sign of some problem?

I thought that Dolby had been deprecated and removed... I know I do not have it on my 2018. Replaced with something called “Immersive sound” IIRC. I suspect performing a similar function, but without the licensing fees to Dolby Labs (just speculating, no real knowledge). It was on my 2015, but that car has been gone for a while.

My Dolby Sound option was replaced with “Immersive Sound” after upgrading to V9.

I notice no difference on any of the settings and am also not pleased that a feature was essentially removed from my vehicle.

On my 2016 MX, I've noticed that after the firmware starts to get buggy and letters start dropping from the interface if I look at the sound setting it will say "Immersive Sound". But if I then reboot the MCU and go back and look it will be back to "Dolby Surround". I think they just have some bad programming in the current firmware.

I just bought a 2017 MX this week. Do all of them that came with PUP have either Dolby or Immersive sound? If so, where do I find the setting?
Congrats and welcome! Premium Upgrades Package was a separate line item from Ultra High Fidelity Sound when I bought mine.
If equipped, you'll find that setting in the sound options page. Otherwise, I believe you'll have a storage nook in your trunk behind the right rear tail light if you have no sub woofer.

Attachments

• 1193595842.jpg
    1193595842.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 84
Thanks @tizio I just looked in the trunk space and I do not have a storage nook on the right side. I was told that my MX that was from May 2017 may have had the hi fidelity sound rolled into premium upgrade package all as one package?? Maybe I just need to poke around within the settings again. Must be missing it somewhere. I am on 2019.8.5 software.

Thanks @tizio I just looked in the trunk space and I do not have a storage nook on the right side. I was told that my MX that was from May 2017 may have had the hi fidelity sound rolled into premium upgrade package all as one package?? Maybe I just need to poke around within the settings again. Must be missing it somewhere. I am on 2019.8.5 software.
Click on the equalizer icon, then there's an options button to hit.

this happens to me every time i get into the car
The turning off of my Dolby is a problem I have been having for months, even with Tesla replacing my MCU. Right now my Dolby has disappeared all together and replaced with Immersive Sound - whatever that is. I did receive a text from someone named Camilio at Tesla, who says he is a remote technician, who claims that this is a known issue "being investigated by our engineers, a future firmware release will have a fix." that text was received April 19, 2019. Any news on when a new firmware release is anticipated?

The turning off of my Dolby is a problem I have been having for months, even with Tesla replacing my MCU. Right now my Dolby has disappeared all together and replaced with Immersive Sound - whatever that is. I did receive a text from someone named Camilio at Tesla, who says he is a remote technician, who claims that this is a known issue "being investigated by our engineers, a future firmware release will have a fix." that text was received April 19, 2019. Any news on when a new firmware release is anticipated?
Interesting: Did you get MCU1 replaced with another MCU1, or MCU2? Also, do you have UHFS or not?
My Dolby works but OFF sometimes in the morning.
old |v2019.8.5|AP2,MCU1,PUP|
new |v2019.8.6|AP2,MCU1,PUP|