Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door handle squeaky noise when retracting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New owner of a cpo, the driver handle is making an annoying high pitch squeaking noise when the door is shut. Obviously it needs service which it is going for on Tuesday, however does it require a full replacement or is there some lubricant that is required as maintenance on the extending handles?

It wasn't bad to fix my wife's squeak. Didn't have to remove the handle, just loosened it, re-centered it, and re-tightened. Under an hour total and way less time than going to service center. AND the service center doesn't reward you with a beer for fixing the car!

That Rich-Rebuilds video linked above is a HUGE time saver! BIG Thank you Rich!!!

So, I discovered yesterday that mine only squeaked when I closed the door, and it retracted partially. The full retract upon locking the car did not cause any squeak. So I took WD-40 and sprayed it into the gap between the handle and the door, and tried again. The sqeak was gone.