Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Doors Control" pop-up window request

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vandacca

ReActive Member
Oct 13, 2014
Hamilton
I have a new feature request...

When the Model-X switches from Drive/Neutral/Reverse to Park via the "Park" button on the end of the drive-selector stalk, there is a handy little "Doors Control" pop-up window that allows one quick access to all the doors control.

Once you dismiss this pop-up window, there isn't any way (that I could find) to get this pop-up window to return, short of putting the vehicle into Drive/Neutral/Reverse and back into Park (as mentioned above). Pressing the "Park" button when the vehicle is already in Park does absolutely nothing.

What I'm recommending is that Tesla changes this behaviour slightly, so that whenever the "Park" button is pressed (ie if current drive state is Park, Drive, Neutral or Reverse), the "Doors Control" pop-up is brought up (if it isn't already there). That way, there is a very quick/simple way to get to this useful window. (Better than pressing Control -> Doors on the main screen)

Feel free to make this recommendation to Tesla via the "Report Problem" feature in the car or via [email protected]

I often want to first change the suspension setting and then open a door (since once a door is open the suspension cannot be changed) and with the door-pop-up-on-park I have to mess with the screen controls before getting out of the car. I'm trying to get in the habit of adjusting suspension at the same time as I bring in the mirrors as I approach the garage. Remembering the suspension and mirror setting would help at least half the time and then I could just get out after park which was their intention.

I was hoping that this would get implemented fairly quickly, since it's very simple and just a few extra lines of code. Not to mention, it would be more intuitive and useful.

Anyway, I got a nice Email reply from Tesla saying that they will seriously consider this Enhancement Request, but that there is no guarantee that it will get implemented.

Controls > Doors.

Page 107 of the manual.
Of course that's an option, but that's 2 steps requiring eye-hand coordination. The Parking button is 1 step with a physical button, not requiring eye-hand coordination. Plus the button already does this function most of the time. My recommendation is to have the Parking button perform this function 100% of the time.