Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Downgrade 11.4.x back to 11.3.x?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it possible to downgrade back to an earlier version of FSD? 11.3.x was 10x better than 11.4.x is and I literally can't drive 5mins on 11.4.x without having to intervene in some form or fashion.

1. Leaving my house is an unmarked road, FSD has struggled VERY hard with this road until 11.3.x, when it was able to do it almost perfect every time IE staying on the right portion of the road. 11.4.x has brought back the game of chicken to the point of un-usability as I have to take over if anyone is coming or they will honk at me for being in the middle of the road till the very VERY last second
  2. Going straight and a nonfactor turn lane comes: pre 11.3.x the car would maybe or maybe not take random turn lanes out of the blue, but 11.4.x takes them virtually every time :(
  3. Ghost braking: this has always been an issue to some extent, but 11.4.x has been a horrendous downgrade from previous iterations, it will almost come to complete stop at green lights by my house for some reason. Ones it hasn't had issues at since pre 10.x.x?
  4. Navigation on multi lane non-highway roads: This has been problematic with all versions, but the last version of 11.3.x was able to get me across DFW metroplex with little to no interventions aside changing speeds quite a few times (it's a wild drive at some points). 11.4.x I have 0 chance of doing without causing some major inconvenience for other drivers, and dangerous issues as well
Overall, I will say some of the maneuvers are a bit more crisp and better, as well as more aggressive which is nice. But as far as usability 11.4.x has been a major let down as it has made full trips once again unusable :( I know it's part of progression, but it's sad to see it perform so well to just randomly be unable to do the basic routes it once could without intervention.

EDIT: I'm on 11.4.3 btw

Reactions: JonMu and Dayreg
You nailed exactly the issues I've noticed from 11.3.6 to 11.4.2. Mine gets really crazy sometimes when it realized it went into a turn lane and tries to 'fix' the error (swerving hard left and right at 50mph). It seems lots of folks are complaining about these issues so its probably on docket for the next public release.

Perhaps you should provide a step by step on how you accomplished this, without any jailbrakes, etc.
You’d be able to do it under the right conditions like I did. It is currently not possible.

I was on 2023.7.10 (11.4.2) and allowed my FSD subscription to run out.

The day it ran out I got 2023.12.9.1

Then I re-subscribed to FSD and received 2023.12.10 (11.3.6)

Im currently on 2023.12.11 (11.3.6)

If you attempted this now you’d get 2023.20.4.1 and get stuck.

So it’s possible to downgrade or go back a FSDb version but the planets have to align. Not to mention if you cancel the subscription you don’t lose it until the renewal date or if you bought it outright, ever.

You nailed exactly the issues I've noticed from 11.3.6 to 11.4.2. Mine gets really crazy sometimes when it realized it went into a turn lane and tries to 'fix' the error (swerving hard left and right at 50mph). It seems lots of folks are complaining about these issues so its probably on docket for the next public release.
Yeah its sad that 11.3.6 was able to do full drives without much issue, but this version can't and is supposed to be a massive update. I really haven't noticed any better driving behaviors if I'm being honest.
You’d be able to do it under the right conditions like I did. It is currently not possible.

So it’s possible to downgrade or go back a FSDb version but the planets have to align. Not to mention if you cancel the subscription you don’t lose it until the renewal date or if you bought it outright, ever.
That's actually pretty wild and cool to know. Did you know this would happen? Or did you just luck out?

Yeah its sad that 11.3.6 was able to do full drives without much issue, but this version can't and is supposed to be a massive update. I really haven't noticed any better driving behaviors if I'm being honest.

That's actually pretty wild and cool to know. Did you know this would happen? Or did you just luck out?
I honestly didn’t expect to get it. My borderline autistic ass did it for the gear chimes and yea, I lucked out.

How do you know 2023.20.4.1 doesnt include FSD 11.3.6? Greentheonly says it should.

How do you know 2023.20.4.1 doesnt include FSD 11.3.6? Greentheonly says it should.
Just because FSDb code is in the software set doesn't mean that you can access it. It might be in there to run in shadow mode, collecting data as the car is driven.

2023.20.4.1 has been out for a while now. If FSDb was usable, by now there would be plenty of reports of it. Teslafi and teslascope would each have it identified as an FSDb release.

Reactions: heapmaster
Sure, not trying to be a know it all, just wanted someone who is on it that may be running FSDb to confirm. I want to subscribe to it but my cars' forcing me to go to 2023.20.4.1 from 2023.12.9 (got it pushed to my car), and I dont plan on subscribing to FSD to not get FSDb and just waste money with the inability to just toggle or next day download. Its like they have three different versions, wide non FSD (2023.20.4.1), wide FSD (2023.12.10/11) and limited bleeding edge FSD (2023.7.20).

Sure, not trying to be a know it all, just wanted someone who is on it that may be running FSDb to confirm. I want to subscribe to it but my cars' forcing me to go to 2023.20.4.1 from 2023.12.9 (got it pushed to my car), and I dont plan on subscribing to FSD to not get FSDb and just waste money with the inability to just toggle or next day download. Its like they have three different versions, wide non FSD (2023.20.4.1), wide FSD (2023.12.10/11) and limited bleeding edge FSD (2023.7.20).
Odd to call 11.4.X "limited" when 95%+ of testers are on it, but if you are at 2023.12.9, you can get 2023.12.10 or .11 as long as you don't install 2023.20.4.1. I've seen 2 people say that 2023.20.4.1 does not allow them to use FSD Beta.

Odd to call 11.4.X "limited" when 95%+ of testers are on it, but if you are at 2023.12.9, you can get 2023.12.10 or .11 as long as you don't install 2023.20.4.1. I've seen 2 people say that 2023.20.4.1 does not allow them to use FSD Beta.
I said limited as in its not available to everyone, only the people that got into the beta before or with lower versions. As a previous 2023.12.9 owner I couldn't down rev to 2023.7.20 to get the latest FSD beta, hence, limited.

🤦‍♂️ I called tesla and asked them, they didnt have a much of a clue, said I should upgrade and it may include it since the older versions did, so I did. Wish I didnt now, so I could have got the FSD sub and had a better chance of it switching over to download 2023.12.10/11 then now I have no option since I upgraded to 2023.20.4.1. I really wish tesla had more transparency with this and their employees could look and verify what software has got what.

I said limited as in its not available to everyone, only the people that got into the beta before or with lower versions. As a previous 2023.12.9 owner I couldn't down rev to 2023.7.20 to get the latest FSD beta, hence, limited.

🤦‍♂️ I called tesla and asked them, they didnt have a much of a clue, said I should upgrade and it may include it since the older versions did, so I did. Wish I didnt now, so I could have got the FSD sub and had a better chance of it switching over to download 2023.12.10/11 then now I have no option since I upgraded to 2023.20.4.1. I really wish tesla had more transparency with this and their employees could look and verify what software has got what.
I'd imagine that the versioning is incredibly complicated and probably not worth explaining to most employees. The service center seems to have very little understanding of FSDb in my experience.

Reactions: heapmaster
I wonder if this downgrade method would work if one originally purchased the vehicle with FSD.
I am currently running on 11.4.4 (2023.7.20). So, if I manually opt out of FSDbeta, would the latest non-FSD software version (2023.20.4.1) be available for me to download? If so, then after downloading this latest non-FSD software, I could then manually opt back into FSDbeta… with the hope that 2023.20.6 or .7 (11.3.6) would be available/offered for download.

I still want to use FSDbeta because I really like having/seeing full screen visualizations with FSDbeta. However, I also want to have the latest features/updates found in the 2023.40.X.X software (like larger font size, scroll wheel customizations, etc…).

Hopefully, someone (with fully purchased, instead of subscription, FSD) has tried the above and succeeded in downgrading from 11.4.X to 11.3.6

Reactions: edseloh