Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DP re. body panel adjustments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tl;dr: "3 to 4 weeks backlog at body shop" for due bill adjustments.

Just a DP, really: I picked up my 3/LR/P+ in late September, and scheduled a service appointment for early Nov. for due bill items.

Almost all of my reports were minor panel or trim alignment issues; 9/10ths of which I could probably have ignored. No paint issues visible to me; no functional issues.

Service location (gallery, pickup, and service are all separate locations in my area) was very busy but under control. Got checked in, walked the car and crayoned all the notes. Longest delay was waiting for the Enterprise clerk to issue a loaner -- received a fairly new, black, S 75D.

Service writer indicated that all the body work would be done at one of a couple of local body shops, and they were likely backlogged 3 to 4 weeks.

For the first few days, my car sat un-moved, and I could still see it in the app; I was hopeful that they'd forget to put it in service mode and I could track it throughout. Nope -- got an SMS update that it would go to the body shop shortly, and yesterday the app representation changed to "Vehicle in Service".

(If you haven't seen that yet, it looks like this:

h0Vtvff.png
).

To save anybody the trouble, I also hit the API directly, in case info was hidden at the app layer but visible at the API layer: nope; anything past the vehicle list call comes back with a (misspelled) error.