Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dr Taras' Model S gets customized!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was thinking of flying this hockey jersey from my antennae mast, but I can't seem to find the mast?
TeslaPardubice75-76Fjersey.jpg

VFX: As THE most prolific poster on TMC, may I ask if this is the first and only picture of a Model S Airbag?

I'm a distant second to TEG and he has an encyclopedic memory and internet search skills that are so good they are spooky. I'm just a TMC kibitzer.

Your new wayback (BTTF) machine will certainly have you being Sherman.

As far as the airbag pic goes take your bows. Others are surely jealous. :)

I just highlighted a few salient points because everyone can be happy if everything goes right. But the true test of a company is seeing what happens when things go wrong and life is how you handle Plan B!
Additionally, like a Tesla, Elie found some enhancements for you and wanted your CONTINUED satisfaction, even after you drove off the lot! Thanx for sharing!
View attachment 18472
DrTaras

Could you please refer to
Wrapping help
and tell me the difference.
Is your "stainless steel" shiny or dull?
The product my wrapper used is horrible. Avery. Having it (hood and fender) removed this week.
Wrapping company - have no issue with them - simply trying to find a product that actually looks like Cherry Red (or Signature Red (burgundy)) when applied to my black S.
What brand is your film?

Is your "stainless steel" shiny or dull?
The product my wrapper used is horrible. Avery.
Thanx for your inquiry.

My product is Avery, but I will tell you that the wrapper (not rapper-LOL) suggested 3M for all others but for the brushed because of the grains being more consistent and in horizontal with the Avery. Initially I was going with chrome which would have had WAY more WOW factor, but again the wrapper said that the chrome scratches easy and is suitable for a garage-queen, but not for a daily-driver. At that point we were with 3M. Only when I chose, from the swatches, brushed sequence did h recommend the Avery.

I think mine would be considered more dull than brilliant or shiny, but the brushed aluminum is not dull like matte!
brushed.jpg

I've got a short video of a Roadster airbag being intentionally set off because it was removed from a car and so can't be re-used.
Post a link, please. :confused:

- - - Updated - - -

That's a fantastic job. The logo is embroidered, right? Did al & Ed's do the work or farm it out? I'd like to get that done but I'm on the east coast and can't find anyone here who can do that work on thick capers.
www.AE54.com are both fabricators and deal with fabric. Yes they did do that. :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

Is the extra mat for the frunk?
Are you going to fix the front bumper scrape, or just leave it under the wrap?
Repaired most of it; the rest, well, the truth is under wraps :wink:

Last edited by a moderator: