Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dr Taras' Model S gets customized!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if you put a clear coat 3M cover on the Vinyl if it then would feel more authentic since it's the smooth feeling that makes Carbon Fiber feel like Carbon Fiber? Trick the eyes and hands at a fraction of the price. I am going this route because I wasn't going to pay over $4k for partial CF on only the rear valiance and the nose alone (just the little strip behind the Tesla logo).

Will be curious to see how the CF wrap holds up on your rear valence and front splitter. Lyle seems to think it will, but everybody else says it wont given the material
Exactly what I was told about the material not holding up on the rear valence nor the side skirts. I'd really like that to be wrapped and with that picture from that other thread, I've re-asked Elie to consider it. We'll see.

- - - Updated - - -

where can I check out (touch) a sample of this avery brushed aluminum wrap?
I would think that any legit wrap shop should have a swatch for you to feel. Or you can take a trip down to WeHo to feel mine as it should be there until next week!

MobilEye is collision avoidance technology & a Worldwide leader in vehicle safety!
Unique artificial vision technology, acting as a “Third Eye”, constantly monitoring what’s in front of the vehicle.
Where have I seen that before? Hmmm :confused:

Is your installer one of only 6 DISTRIBUTORS in ALL of North America? Al & Ed's is! :tongue:
527701_10151333769851828_1733773469_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really anxious to see how your sound system turns out.I've used Focal speakers in my cars in the past and I've been very happy with their product.I ordered the upgraded Tesla sound system because I was told I wouldn't be able to put my own system in the Model S.The Tesla sound upgrade is o.k. but not commensurate with such a ground breaking automobile.

Just show us the damn car already! :p
In the immortal words of the Ginsu Knife Commercials...
"BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!"

- - - Updated - - -

I'm really anxious to see how your sound system turns out.I've used Focal speakers in my cars in the past and I've been very happy with their product.
900 watts of pure power... :rolleyes:
1_546065732092027_326539283_n.jpg

Preliminary wiring in Tesla model S for Audiophile Upgrade. :cool:
Center channel amplifier, EQ processor, capacitor, speaker crossovers and distribution block. Not done yet!
577056_546066865425247_545698404_n.jpg

The Model S is getting ready for some bass. 10" shallow carbon fiber woofer! :eek:
378988_546130492085551_1776389192_n.jpg

With that monster amp I'm guessing that they'll need to install a dedicated 12V battery just for the stereo system (kind of like what they did with your Roadster), but probably a much bigger one. The stock 12V supply is pathetic on this car and would never work for your application. Where are they going to put it?

Do you have a link to which thread he posted that in? Curious :confused:
Indeed this is the product: Teslaccessories!
But anyway, ladies and gentlemen, we have another winner!

Okay DrT, to respond: I admit... I can't wait to see your Model S metamorphosis already, but my prior winner of overall massive vehicle transformation has to be the 2002 Mercury Cougar that got transformed into a Bugatti Veyron - it's waaaay over-the-top, but something pretty amazing (even Yahoo news covered it); done by a neighbor here in Florida:
Man builds his own million dollar Bugatti supercar by hand | Today in Tech - Yahoo! News

That was back-to-the future in a whole new (and crazy) way. But, I suspect you're going to surprise a lot of folks with your (+ Al & Ed's plans) for your upcoming Tesla transformation. Look like it may be shaping up to be winner of all-time eXtremed Teslas, we'll have to wait (how long?) and see...

Wow, these look stunning. Partial to the matte black and grey finishes... really, really beautiful.
I'm curious. Might we see one of these styles on display for DrTaras' soon-to-be-transformed Model S? He's been taunting us about the upcoming big reveal on his thread. :wink:
I can't wait to see these on an actual Model S!
I agree that these look stunning (all SEVEN different wheels) but mine will be a custom made to order 3-piece forged wheel to be unveiled this week!
AE5_TINT-MATTEBLACK_zps191f4f4d.jpg
AE10_Machined_MatteBblack_zps5a4bfd37.jpg
AE7_MSIL_zpsb34c8d32.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

With that monster amp I'm guessing that they'll need to install a dedicated 12V battery just for the stereo system (kind of like what they did with your Roadster), but probably a much bigger one. The stock 12V supply is pathetic on this car and would never work for your application. Where are they going to put it?
My understanding, which is quite limited-especially when compared to a guy who has an Atari avatar & been around these forums since 2008 :wink: , is that the digital amplifier, as opposed to a Class A-B amp, will suck far less juice, yet still be able to perform and thus will NOT need an extra 12-V battery. We shall see what volume on "11" will sound like!!! :eek:

Perzan's Auto Radio of Philadelphia just installed the Mobileye along with some other items for me. They just sent me this picture of President Obama getting a demo of the Mobileye system while in Israel this past week. Mobileye is headquartered in Israel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1364155837.710419.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1364155837.710419.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 3,754
Perzan's Auto Radio of Philadelphia just installed the Mobileye along with some other items for me. They just sent me this picture of President Obama getting a demo of the Mobileye system while in Israel this past week. Mobileye is headquartered in Israel.
This is a fabulous picture! I did not even know that! Makes the product that much BETTER!

- - - Updated - - -

prior winner of overall massive vehicle transformation has to be the 2002 Mercury Cougar that got transformed into a Bugatti Veyron - it's waaaay over-the-top, but something pretty amazing (even Yahoo news covered it); done by a neighbor here in Florida:
Man builds his own million dollar Bugatti supercar by hand | Today in Tech - Yahoo! News

That was back-to-the future in a whole new (and crazy) way. But, I suspect you're going to surprise a lot of folks with your (+ Al & Ed's plans) for your upcoming Tesla transformation. Look like it may be shaping up to be winner of all-time eXtremed Teslas, we'll have to wait (how long?) and see...
I have to say that the "Cougatti" is way more of a transformation than my Tesla!
I mean building it from scratch like that can only be comparable to the Teslaccessories CCI! :wink:

Blind spot detection/warning sensor getting installed
531708_547296015302332_1975388292_n.jpg

Subwoofer enclosure getting a final layer of fiberglass
300724_547295055302428_406547805_n (1).jpg

Illuminating the frunk is executed by the amp and LEDs added around the alpine 5 channel
photo_4.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Is all this work being done for personal use, or is this being sponsored for a company? I would be very interested in knowing more about the audio system upgrade, but then again it looks like you may be spending $20k or more on all this custom work.
Thanx for your inquiry. This is NOT a company sponsored car. This is my car, & just like my Roadster which has nearly 50,000 miles on it, it will be my daily driver. You can see more about the company and why I'm posting this as well as about my roadster, on my very 1st post. Thanx for the thumbs up! :cool:

Seats come out so the rear entertainment can go in!
photo_3 (1).JPG
photo_1 (1).JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Stage 2 complete...red calipers...on to stage 3 in April!
You are so rocking the red! I had a long debate with Elie about doing the same thing and we decided with my color scheme to eschew it!
That being said, since you are local, if you want an invite to an exclusive event this weekend, where my car will be unveiled (not in pieces like on the blog) PM me.
Do you think that is what Elon tweeted is his big announcement on Thursday? :eek:

In the immortal words of the Ginsu Knife Commercials...
"BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!"

- - - Updated - - -

900 watts of pure power... :rolleyes:
View attachment 18827
Preliminary wiring in Tesla model S for Audiophile Upgrade. :cool:
Center channel amplifier, EQ processor, capacitor, speaker crossovers and distribution block. Not done yet!
View attachment 18828
The Model S is getting ready for some bass. 10" shallow carbon fiber woofer! :eek:
View attachment 18829

Will this mess up battery range?