Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drivers seat won't move backwards using lever

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My friend came over yesterday and was amazed at the car. When it came time for him to drive, he told me he couldn't move the seat back. I said that's odd given you just moved the passenger seat back. We started to test it by creating a new profile, but that still didn't work. It just wouldn't move back no matter how you pressed the lever. You can move the seat in any other position except backwards. To continue testing, I moved the seat up close, then engaged my profile and the seat moved backwards. It's like the seat can communicate with the console but not the lever itself. Wondering if anyone else seen this and if there is a fix. I honestly don't recall when I got the car 6 weeks ago, if I ever moved the seat back.

Thanks.

My friend came over yesterday and was amazed at the car. When it came time for him to drive, he told me he couldn't move the seat back. I said that's odd given you just moved the passenger seat back. We started to test it by creating a new profile, but that still didn't work. It just wouldn't move back no matter how you pressed the lever. You can move the seat in any other position except backwards. To continue testing, I moved the seat up close, then engaged my profile and the seat moved backwards. It's like the seat can communicate with the console but not the lever itself. Wondering if anyone else seen this and if there is a fix. I honestly don't recall when I got the car 6 weeks ago, if I ever moved the seat back.

Thanks.

I had a test drive in a Model X today. The owner advisor pointed out the same problem with the drivers seat control on the new model X I drove today. I’m wondering if there is actually a software bug introduced with easy entry rather than a broken switch.