Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving Log: Austin -> Baton Rouge road trip; Harvey edition.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I LIVE IN BATON ROUGE and there is a SuperCharger and it is up and running.
Well that's news to me! Good news at that. Last time I was there I looked at the SC map and nothing was listed. How long has it been active?

NEW ORLEANS actually does NOT have a supercharger. Slidell, La does. There are a few destination chargers around New Orleans.
Yes, there are a few destination, but I think they are all for patrons of the business. Maybe slip them a few bucks and ask them to look the other way.

construction for months).

I don't know the status of the Lake Charles supercharger though. There isn't a supercharger in Lafayette or Baton Rouge. Not sure about New Orleans.

I could have sworn that I've stopped in baton rouge and used a SpC there many times. Acme oyster house is one of the better restaurants near any SpC. the Baton Rouge SpC opened in January of 2015

Last edited:
Re: bugs, that is one thing about that refreshed nose and white, the cone really collects the bugs and the white really shows off all the bugs you've caught. those designers in CA seem to have little insights to driving in the hot, HUMID, south.

I could have sworn that I've stopped in baton rouge and used a SpC there many times. Acme oyster house is one of the better restaurants near any SpC. the Baton Rouge SpC open in January of 2015
Okay, this is weird. According to this story...

Tesla Motors opening second Louisiana supercharger station in Baton Rouge

... there are two superchargers in Baton Rouge. They indicate one is behind the shopping center that houses Trader Joe's. I was at Trader Joe's about a month ago. It is a bit of an oddity to get to based on the location. Coming from the East, I turn at the light and I have to make a U-turn in the parking lot of what they are indicating is a supercharger location to get to the side entrance of Trader Joe's. I don't remember seeing anything related to Tesla.

Okay, this is weird. According to this story...

Tesla Motors opening second Louisiana supercharger station in Baton Rouge

... there are two superchargers in Baton Rouge. They indicate one is behind the shopping center that houses Trader Joe's. I was at Trader Joe's about a month ago. It is a bit of an oddity to get to based on the location. Coming from the East, I turn at the light and I have to make a U-turn in the parking lot of what they are indicating is a supercharger location to get to the side entrance of Trader Joe's. I don't remember seeing anything related to Tesla.
go back look again, it is there

Google Maps

go back look again, it is there
Ah, satellite for the win! It's not where I thought the article was saying... it's actually in the same shopping center parking lot as Trader Joe's... i.e. I don't have to cross any roads to get between the two.

That's great news! One of the main reasons I drive to Baton Rouge is to stock up on Trader Joe's stuff. I can certainly park there while shopping.

I was about to ask where the second one is, but I think the wording on the article is misleading... it's not the second supercharger in Baton Rouge, it's the second LA supercharger, which is in Baton Rouge. My English teacher would have had something to say about the sentence format.

UPDATE: Made it to Alexandria safely. Roads were clear, but the floodwaters were a couple feet from cresting the road near Leesville. I asked a local and they said the water was much closer and is going now really quickly so nothing to worry about. Jasper, tx is OK on the highway (txdot had many connecting roads shut down, but the highway isn't at risk). No roads closed along the route from huntsville.

Regarding those damn bugs.. my autopilot completely stopped functioning about 15 miles into my journey. I went to a car wash in hopes that was the problem, but didn't start working). I called Tesla and they were able to reset the driver assistance systems and works again. **** those bugs.

Charging now and heading to baton rouge next. The nav says 5/6 slots available... So I'm assuming that means they exist.

Attachments

• IMG_0005.PNG
    IMG_0005.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 71
I made it just fine to baton rouge. The Alexandria spot was just me and an ICE. Turns out that ICE was a unmarked police officer who gladly wrote me $700+ in tickets after calling him an asshole. I'm in the process of getting a lawyer so won't go into much detail. If any lawyers in that area that visit here, let me know.

The Baton Rouge Supercharger is often shown on the nav system as being almost full. I have only seen one or two of the stalls occupied at most, and usually, there are no cars there. There is little, if any ICEing there, as it is away from most of the storefronts.

And yes, OooohNooo, ANY place in S. Louisiana is close to a beer!