Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving Log: Austin -> Baton Rouge road trip; Harvey edition.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad you made it safely to your destination...well for the most part I guess. Thankfully you weren't locked up but sounds like it might be a more expensive trip than planned.

I remember watching a video Erik did about a trip from Colorado to somewhere in the midwest I think. He packed a spray bottle/squeege for the trip and needed it a few times for his windows. Told hubby we should keep something available in the floor trunk after seeing his video. Hadn't thought about the sensors. Your post was educational reading. And next time I see an ICE parked in a Charging spot I'll think back to your thread. ;)

Wanted to give a status update on this fiasco.

I did some more research on lawyers, and ended up hiring a cheaper attorney out of Baton Rouge. He was able to have the failure to comply ticket dropped and the one-way violations down to a non-moving "wrong address on drivers license" (that is true, I just moved to a different unit in my complex and didn't have the apartment number updated). In the end, I paid $890 to get the tickets taken care of including attorney fees.

Honestly, a steal. If I needed to defend them myself, I would have to appear in court in Alexandria. Just for the arraignment, I would have to pay $600 flight, ~$100 in hotel, ~$40 in rental car, days off work, and I probably wouldn't be able to negotiate anything near what my attorney was able to do.. So in the end, I'm OK with how the citations were taken care of.

I'm still filing a police complaint, which is going to be the 'satisfaction' bit of this whole thing. Once I received receipt by mail that all the citations are closed, I'll continue on with that as advised of my attorney. I'm going to handle the complaint myself. If the outcome of the complaint isn't... satisfactory, I'll pursue the legal route.