Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drop-In Center Console now in the Tesla Model S online store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got mine installed today and I wanted to put to rest the issue about the stitching... at least if you have a car with the stitching like mine has... I guess I can't really help you otherwise. I have all black leather interior. And here is a picture of the lower door stitching compared to the console stitching and to me, the colors look identical. The console is a silvery grey colored stitching and the doors are also the same silvery grey. For what it's worth, my stitching matches perfectly with the rest of my interior. VIN P33XXX

20140906_165600.jpg
20140906_165613.jpg

I have all black interior VIN 16XXX and my stitching is jet black on all surfaces.

I was told by my service center that they have received numerous complaints and that Tesla is going to rework the console and offer a black stitching option. It sounds like people getting the white stitching today (who have black stitching elsewhere) may be able to get a free swap at some point. What a mess. Whoever is managing this project should be fired.

Honestly, the design cycle on this is approaching that of a Big Three ICE automobile. Certainly that has to raise some eyebrows at Tesla, though arguably it is rather low on their priority list. I am still waiting for a rear seat divider with storage and cup holders, as seen during Get Amped in 2012!

Im on the wait list for the obeche so its going to be a while. But I had a question for folks getting them now: I love the little pocket on the front of the drivers seat. Thats where my phone lives. No scratches, easy access, never goes flying. Im good about charging my phone so I don't need extra charge time. So, does that little cell phone area of the console have any value for something else if you don't need it for a phone or in my case would it always be closed (and if I moved up to get the glossy black very noticeable)?

Im on the wait list for the obeche so its going to be a while. But I had a question for folks getting them now: I love the little pocket on the front of the drivers seat. Thats where my phone lives. No scratches, easy access, never goes flying. Im good about charging my phone so I don't need extra charge time. So, does that little cell phone area of the console have any value for something else if you don't need it for a phone or in my case would it always be closed (and if I moved up to get the glossy black very noticeable)?

i usually keep my hinged cover closed. the area is large enough for small odds and ends. I have the carbon fiber, but I think the gloss black would look fine.

So something unfortunate about the cell phone adapter is that if you have a Galaxy S5 (or something similar with a cover over your charge port) it is really hard to get it to fit in the slot... I mean cases are of course out of the question here, but just getting the phone on without my case on is a huge pain. Don't even think about trying to do that while driving! *YIKES*

That being said, I like it overall and am very happy I got it. I use the little cell phone area to also hold odds and ends. I have a couple pens in there, change would also be great, and of course any cellphones regardless of it you are using the charge port or not. I say this because I cant tell you how many times I "lost" my phone only to realize after like 10 minutes of frantic searching I had put it in the cubby under the screen. Now I don't lose my phone anymore! :D

So something unfortunate about the cell phone adapter is that if you have a Galaxy S5 (or something similar with a cover over your charge port) it is really hard to get it to fit in the slot... I mean cases are of course out of the question here, but just getting the phone on without my case on is a huge pain. Don't even think about trying to do that while driving! *YIKES*

Is the phone not fitting well because it's too close to the edge or because the adaptor is too short? The remedies are different depending on the problem. It would be a huge inconvenience to remove the case every time the phone needs to be charged.

Is the phone not fitting well because it's too close to the edge or because the adaptor is too short? The remedies are different depending on the problem. It would be a huge inconvenience to remove the case every time the phone needs to be charged.

The adapter is too short, as in, it doesn't stick out far enough. To the point were even the little bit of raise that the cover for the charge port adds is almost too much to be able to plug it in.

And it had been mentioned before that a phone case won't allow you to connect it. I was just adding that those with a Galaxy S5 or something similar would have issue even if you didn't have a phone case.

And yes if anyone has any suggestions for some kind of small extender I am all ears!