Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drop-In Center Console now in the Tesla Model S online store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got that same email... I don't like the new two part top. The original design was much nicer.:crying: But well what can I do? I need a center console. I felt lost during my test drive. 3rd party are not an option (so ugly) so I will buy it. Hope it gets here before the car or at the same time at least.

Perhaps drive the car once you get it for sometime and then see if you need it. I was gung-ho about getting the Tesla console as well, but now I find that I like the extra openness and space over storage space.

I'm afraid that the CCI might've set a floor (vs a ceiling) for this.

Since the sides are all the same black leather, and only the inlays vary, that "may" keep the production costs down a little. Probably not though. Hopefully it's at least somewhat reasonably priced...

Here's another floor (pardon the pun). If you want to purchase the Yacht Floor on a new Model S the Design Studio says its $500. (Interestingly the Tesla store no longer lists the price.)

So if Tesla is actually charging new customers $500 just for the Yacht Floor today, its difficult to conceive of a situation where the entire console wouldn't cost at least two or three times this amount.

Larry

Tesla Model S Premium Center Console Update

Dear Tesla Model S Owner,

You are receiving this note because you are on the Tesla Model S Premium Center Console wait list.

We understand that the wait has been long and frustrating for many of you. We appreciate your patience and would like to offer the console to you at a special discounted aftermarket wait list price. The pricing is as follows:

Piano Black: $600
Obeche Matte: $650
Obeche Gloss: $650
Lacewood: $650
Carbon Fiber: $800

Wait list members will also be offered the iPhone 5/S lightning cable dock kit or the micro USB dock kit at no additional charge. There will not be a dock kit available for phones that use other charging cables (iPhone 4, etc.).

We are excited to announce that we have the first console samples installed in our Model S and we are going forward with production. The production rate will take some time to ramp up and the first few batches of consoles will be small. There are over 1100 people on the wait list. In the next couple of weeks we will start sending out emails to those at the top of the wait list with links to place orders for the console, and we will begin delivering the first batch of consoles shortly after that.

We do not have the exact delivery timing for each wait list entry so please bear with us as we work our way down the wait list and send out ordering information as more consoles become available. Generally speaking, those that were placed on the wait list after August are unlikely to receive a console before the end of the year. When production has ramped up we expect to have consoles available to order for everyone on the wait list by January and February of next year.

All available information regarding pricing, options and delivery timing is contained in this email. It is not necessary to reply to this email as we have all the information from you that we need and we do have not more details available at this time.

Thank you again for your patience and have a happy holidays.

+1... Many of us have been waiting for a price before seeing if interested...

Some of you may not be aware, but you haven't bought anything if you haven't paid anything. I "ordered" a console months ago. I sort of knew it would be expensive, and am pleased with the published price, but I never ever thought that somehow by waiting it would give me an advantage, and if you haven't paid, *you can always back out*.

If you are displeased, consider it education.

By the way, I also got on the waiting list for my Model S as early as possible. I picked up my car 3 1/2 years later, number 64 off the line. After 30,000 miles, I have never been sorry.

+1...what waiting list???

Formed the Tesla store web page for the console:

"Sign up for wait list and product updates by emailing: [email protected]."

I'm glad I got on the wait list a while ago. I was assuming the wait list people would get them first, but the discount is a nice unexpected bonus. :)

It looks like January at the earliest though, since I did not get on the list until September.