Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drove Model X today - what a car!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally test drove a Model X today.

Oh my gosh WHAT A CAR! You drive it and then it's game over for all the other shitty cars we drive. Tesla is light years ahead of everyone else.

I was impressed more by regenerative breaking than the acceleration or autopilot maybe because I was expecting the latter two after watching lots of videos vs the former which you need to experience live. I loved the new hill mode when you press the break down and the auto-parking feature.

I was skeptical about the X size initially but I have to confess that driving around London was absolutely fine. Tesla is now coming to my place next weekend as my wife has to be on board and could not drive it today - she is the one in the family who drives the most during the week. I mean - tell me another car company that comes home with a car to arrange for a test drive?! I never heard of it

Oh gosh, I am in trouble now as I want this car so badly

Last edited:
It's a nice bit of kit isn't it!
A test drive is definitely a one way street...

If (when) you order, don't forget to use a referral code. Send me a message if you need one or if you have any other questions about the ordering process.

Yeah. It's very hard to seriously consider anything else on the market after having an X for any time - the Model S had this affect on folks too, but I think it's stronger on the X.

Gonna be really interesting when the 3 starts reaching the masses... :)

Reactions: CotswoldS3X
Gonna be really interesting when the 3 starts reaching the masses... :)

I think a lot of people who have so far been put off even trying the car by the price will be blown away. The days of the internal combustion engine as mainstream transport propulsion are numbered!

I sincerely hope that by the time my 2 year old daughter is buying her first car you'll only be able to see one in a museum.

Our kids will defo drive electric cars. I have a 4 yrs old and a 9 month old and I want them to grown in a greener world

But I am afraid the ICE is still here to stay for awhile. I don't see it being replace for at least another 15-20 yrs

I think it's going to slowly become more and more socially unacceptable to drive an oil burner. Like how smoking is generally frowned upon now...

As more and more people wake up to the environmental benefits, the cost reductions, and the amazing performance the tide will turn quicker and quicker.

As electric vehicles are tried by more and more people they're all going to start to have the same revelation that we've all had: that same feeling that @hagrid_LDN had today.
Once you've felt that it's going to be harder and harder to ignore an EV when you buy your next car!

Eventually ICE vehicles will be museum peices and collectors items - like a vintage Rolls Royce is today!

That's my hope anyway. I want my little girl to grow up in a world that's getting greener...

I finally test drove a Model X today.

Oh my gosh WHAT A CAR! You drive it and then it's game over for all the other shitty cars we drive. Tesla is light years ahead of everyone else.

I was impressed more by regenerative breaking than the acceleration or autopilot maybe because I was expecting the latter two after watching lots of videos vs the former which you need to experience live. I loved the new hill mode when you press the break down and the auto-parking feature.

I was skeptical about the X size initially but I have to confess that driving around London was absolutely fine. Tesla is now coming to my place next weekend as my wife has to be on board and could not drive it today - she is the one in the family who drives the most during the week. I mean - tell me another car company that comes home with a car to arrange for a test drive?! I never heard of it

Yeah, but what did you think about it?:D

I need to buy a new house first

Hope you remember to buy a lottery ticket too?!!

May not feature heavily in the purchase of new house - maybe you will garage the car and recharge there - but worth considering where the car will park when charging and which way it will face, and how nearby the electricity supply that is. These things are all fixable of course, but I have to park the Tesla on the "wrong side" of the drive to charge it; parking on the "normal side" would have mean both digging up the drive for the cable and putting an ugly charging point in the lawn ... I can come in the "wrong way" and the chagring port is on the wall side, or I have to trail the charge-cable round the back of the car ... but the upside is that was then only half a dozen feet from the distribution board.

I was impressed more by regenerative breaking than the acceleration or autopilot

You're DOOMED :)

I had my Institute of Advanced Motorists driving test yesterday, the examiners are all current police fast car drivers. After he was kind enough to pass me with a First :D I offered him a test drive in my S75D. The Tesla grin was evident and he clearly wanted to go beyond the speed limit (we were in a 60 zone) but didn't.

However it was the regen braking that impressed him the most too, with proper application and anticipation it makes for a fabulously smooth drive.

Good luck!

Reactions: mikeyg_ev and IdaX
LOL that story on AM driving was funny

Anyway wife is back from weekend trip with kids and is freaking out about Model X. She is against Chelsea Tractor and she put veto on Model X. " I don't wanna be some of these mums on their chav SUV" :)

I am a lucky man :) 10K spared I guess but I still want a Model X but wife is boss as she drives car 70% of the time during the week

She said she will be fine with Model S

• Funny
Reactions: CotswoldS3X