Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dual Motor and White Interior options arriving after 5k/Week Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I’m thinking it’s actually September if that’s the metric needed.....personally considering waiting until quarterly financial call in a few weeks and see what they report, if 5k pushed back then might go ahead and order.

*I’m waiting for white interior, doubtful adding AWD

The good thing (as it were) if they are holding 200K until Q3 this all means a lot of orders for White & AWD later in the year. Be sure to time it to get in in 2018 for the full credit (in the USA).

The Canadian situation is a bit more fluid, of course.

But as we were discussing a few weeks ago, this tweet lines up since they don’t want to increase complexity (as Elon said explicitly) until the line is moving much more quickly.

I still don’t see why they don’t gauge interest in seat color and have all three options if warranted. Maybe ramping to Cream is step 3. Who knows.

Mine still says mid-2018...

IMG_0252.png

I was just waiting on the white interior before placing the order, anyone else in similar boat? Got an X with base textile seats because I couldn't justify the additional $3300 and have been happy with them and glad I didn't cough up the extra $. With the 3 it came in a package with things I wanted like glass roof, premium audio, power and heated seats making the cost justifiable to me and I liked the look of white interior. I was anticipating white interior to come out in beginning of April based on recent rumors but now with it pushed to July it makes waiting seem too much of a risk to me. I can secure 1.5% finance over 48 months now with local CU (Point Loma), which I feel will raise to at least 2-2.5% by July based off current trends in rising interest rates. Also elon standard time is tough to gauge and don't want to miss half the tax credit in the event that configurator for white seats opens up July but delivery estimates are then 1-3 months putting the full credit in jeopardy. I like the white interior but not willing to spend $4k additional on it so looks like I may have to settle for black.

Reactions: Schowtyme
Yes, I was mostly waiting on white and a little on AWD. But I don't really need AWD and I am getting impatient. Keep in mind that you can always get the TSportline white seats for about $2800 installed. I am considering doing this but I am going to wait until after I have taken delivery to see how I like the black seats.

Reactions: Schowtyme
I'm sure this has been analyzed to death elsewhere but if they do reach the 5k a week by July 1st does that mean they will hit the 200k mark in Q2?
Assuming linear ramp from 2000/wk that would make 42,000 Model 3s for Q2. Does Canada have enough service centers and customers to absorb enough Model 3s to keep U.S. sales under 200k?

I'm sure this has been analyzed to death elsewhere but if they do reach the 5k a week by July 1st does that mean they will hit the 200k mark in Q2?
Assuming linear ramp from 2000/wk that would make 42,000 Model 3s for Q2. Does Canada have enough service centers and customers to absorb enough Model 3s to keep U.S. sales under 200k?

Canada is definitely lacking enough service centres. I'd be willing to bet a lackluster amount of configuration invitations have been converted to orders since so many people here want SR and/or Dual Motors.

IIRC they can also essentially pre-stage a decent # at US service centers but not actually "deliver" them until July 1 to push those into Q3 too...

My concern would be if "lots" of folks are holding off config until they can get white, or AWD, or air suspension, or whatever- and all that stuff is now offered July 1, when they hit 200k, it means (for non-owners at least) there's at least some chance you will get pushed back in the line behind enough people to miss out on the $7500 that would then be dropping after Dec 31.

Ok. InsideEVs says 177,651 Teslas sold in the US as of the end of Q1. Doesn't seem possible for them to produce ~40k Model 3s and sell ~10k Model S/X in the US and not hit 200k this quarter. Maybe they could start shipping to Europe?
Seems like there would be all sorts of problems trying to store enough cars to game the system in that way.
Going to be super tight to order an AWD and get it delivered before the end of Q3 to get the $7.5k credit. I wonder how they'll prioritize reservations?

Ok. InsideEVs says 177,651 Teslas sold in the US as of the end of Q1. Doesn't seem possible for them to produce ~40k Model 3s and sell ~10k Model S/X in the US and not hit 200k this quarter. Maybe they could start shipping to Europe?
Seems like there would be all sorts of problems trying to store enough cars to game the system in that way.
Going to be super tight to order an AWD and get it delivered before the end of Q3 to get the $7.5k credit. I wonder how they'll prioritize reservations?

They're serving Canada right now too. Also, they can produce 20 million, as long as they don't deliver them. It means making your customers wait a little longer for the car, but means you get to keep a lot of others that may have started to walk if they weren't going to get the credit. I imagine deliveries will be frantic in the first of July as they hit #200k delivered and have a huge backlog to get out to waiting customers.