Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

E.U. pricing vs U.S.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there,

I was just wondering what and if there is going to be any price discrimination for EU customers. I checked the pricing for Model S in USA and EU store, and the nominal base price is almost the same in EUR and USD. Assuming that 1 EUR is approx. 1,12 USD, then there already is a markup, potentially covering transport and duties...

Now I noticed another thing, but I did not take a screen shot. I recall originally, the price for model 3 was mentioned in EUR 35k... But currently, Model 3 EU site says price in USD 35k noting, that the price in Europe will be confirmed at later stages. Shall I be worried that the price in EUR will be higher? Anybody else noticed that the info about price in Europe has been modified?. Hope I remember well, the truth is I do not have any proof, but I am almost convinced that it was 35,000EUR originally...

Any experiences of Model S owners? Thanks...

The main thing to remember is that US prices are always quoted pre-tax. As well as transport costs you need to add the VAT to the cost, which probably adds about 20% to the price.​

That's what I am counting on... Model S is almost the same nominal price in EUR and USD, need to add 21% VAT in Czech Republic +450 EUR for the documents, and thats's it, as far as what the EU design studio says. Unfortunatelly, no govermental benefits here :-(... At least this is my hope :)))

I saw this a few months back; never seen it corroborated though. £30K sounds about right bearing in mind 20% VAT.

"The Tesla Model 3 will cost £30,000 or less in the UK, CEO Elon Musk has revealed. Musk shared the pricing detail during the Prince's Trust Leadership Dinner tonight."