Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP and FSD price at UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I more or less gave up on using automation due to too many 'episodes'. Today I was on the A5 at night and stuck in a 30mph queue so activated TACC. About a half mile later the car tried to swerve violently into a side road. My grip on the wheel was good enough to hold it from jumping more than a few feet to the left. So much for my FSD investment..

I more or less gave up on using automation due to too many 'episodes'. Today I was on the A5 at night and stuck in a 30mph queue so activated TACC. About a half mile later the car tried to swerve violently into a side road. My grip on the wheel was good enough to hold it from jumping more than a few feet to the left. So much for my FSD investment..
I’m wondering if it tried to swerve due to a break in the road markings. I find that when using AP/TACC on motorways I sometimes have to switch it off temporarily or be ready to counteract any violent serving/drifting at junction turnoffs where there is a break in the continuous/dashed lines.

Should be such an easy problem to solve before claiming FSD is coming at the end of the year.

If you’re expecting delivery next month there’s no way you”ll get HW4.0, or even the new 5MP cameras.

There’s no way I’d keep a Tesla beyond the warranty period. Repairs are likely to be catastrophically expensive, and unless Tesla get their act together, which seems unlikely, a major repair could mean your car being off the road for weeks.
There is the option of a two or four year extended warranty. circa £2428 for 4 years i think?

Last edited:
I’m wondering if it tried to swerve due to a break in the road markings. I find that when using AP/TACC on motorways I sometimes have to switch it off temporarily or be ready to counteract any violent serving/drifting at junction turnoffs where there is a break in the continuous/dashed lines.

Should be such an easy problem to solve before claiming FSD is coming at the end of the year.
The road markings were clear. TACC is supposed to just follow the car in front and stay centred in it’s lane unless indicators are activated. It’s not a difficult algorithm.
There was a frequently used different bit of A5 where it did the same about 3.5 years ago... violent swerve into a side road slip on a 60mph stretch then drop out to return control when it baulked at the sharp turn. I used to have to disengage, approaching that bit after the first scary time. That got sorted with an update but appears to be happening again. One can only assume that car believes the road is splitting into an extra lane and it’s choosing the left one. This is fundamental stuff - the car not looking far enough ahead or referencing any sort of route map or correctly identifying a junction.

They have, there are various posts on this subject. The only one that Tesla 'lost' I belive was a plaintiff case, owner got compensate $500 I think after lawyer fees, and I persume Tesla also removed those cars from any kind of AP/EAP/FSD development.

Tesla aren't shy of 'lawyering' up, they have done it time and time again on various issues. Good luck to anyone wanting to take them on in the courts.
I ended up doing a Section 75 claim against my credit card on my first Model 3 when they failed to meet the "coming by the end of the year" claim and failed to disclose a number of things requiring driver input (land changes etc). It took a bit of doing but I had 90% of the purchase price refunded as the basic summon capabilities worked as described.

I ended up doing a Section 75 claim against my credit card on my first Model 3 when they failed to meet the "coming by the end of the year" claim and failed to disclose a number of things requiring driver input (land changes etc). It took a bit of doing but I had 90% of the purchase price refunded as the basic summon capabilities worked as described.
90% back refund. That's good going. Did Tesla even turn up, I persume this is on the price of FSD, not the whole car?

I wonder if the credit card company (or their underwriters) managed to get their money back from Elon🤷‍♂️

Did tesla deactivate your FSD and back to AP?

I really like my EAP and consider it a good purchase. The vast majority of my driving is with EAP engaged and it has only gotten better with the move to vision.

Interesting how people have such varied experiences.

FSD though is a joke in the UK. I'd probably pay for it if we had the same beta as the US, as the tech interests me and also as a speculative purchase.

I’ve never bothered with NOA but I do find the lane changes when you flick the indicator incredibly slow. Getting up to speed when trying to overtake also takes an age and I’m left having to manually accelerate.

I do use summon all the time, probably the best feature of EAP IMO

I’ve never bothered with NOA but I do find the lane changes when you flick the indicator incredibly slow. Getting up to speed when trying to overtake also takes an age and I’m left having to manually accelerate.

I do use summon all the time, probably the best feature of EAP IMO
What's the secret to get the summon to work?
I can only get it to work sometimes, with sentry mode off or on. In open air carparks and stood close by.