Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP Not Insured When Driving In EU

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not semantics when you're making an insurance claim..

Hence this thread. We need to know what those clauses really mean. I'm of the opinion it applies to fully autonomous cars not cars with just lane keeping like teslas, but having clarity on it will matter come renewal time.

Reactions: Cardo

Hence this thread. We need to know what those clauses really mean. I'm of the opinion it applies to fully autonomous cars not cars with just lane keeping like teslas, but having clarity on it will matter come renewal time.
As per my post:
ALKS is UN/ECE’s term for L3 autonomous driving:

And here’s an article talking about ALKS:

ALKS is L3 autonomous driving, which Teslas do not currently have as the driver has to maintain constant attention/control (and a hand on the wheel).

The title of this thread is misleading.

The core of the problem is absolutely. a matter of semantics if you are looking for a precise meaning. And when it comes to claiming, that's when the insurers bring out the sophistry. I'm on your/our side.

Reactions: M3noob
So to wrap-up on this, I believe this is a purely technical provision, for now AP/EAP are not part of this ALKS exclusion as per AEVA 2018 so you are fine.

If one day FSD achieves Level 3 or higher autonomy in Europe there is a liability shift anyway, as the automaker will be ultimately responsible in case of an accident. Therefore it shouldn't even go through your own insurance, hence I believe the existence of this provision...

So I do not see any direct implications resulting from this in the medium-term.

Spoke to LV, and the rep transferred me to her supervisor who informed me that I can use Cruise Control only, outside Britain. Anything else and they won’t pay out in case of an accident. No EAP.
But Tesla doesn't have cruise control only.. it's all AP underneath (with or without steering hence TACC).

So they're saying you have to drive a tesla manually if you go to Europe. That's silly.

Spoke to LV, and the rep transferred me to her supervisor who informed me that I can use Cruise Control only, outside Britain. Anything else and they won’t pay out in case of an accident. No EAP.
That’s interesting, so for you only in “Britain” which limits you to England and Wales!

Not in Scotland at all then, as the addition is what changes Britain into Great Britain.

That’s interesting, so for you only in “Britain” which limits you to England and Wales!

Not in Scotland at all then, as the addition is what changes Britain into Great Britain.
kekw-kek.gif

You got a minimum wage phone clerk to transfer you to his brainless supervisor who is not paid to interpret the legal provisions written by qualified lawyers in your insurance contract, and probably wouldn't know an autonomous vehicle is if hit him in the arse.
You are fine with the current wording in your contrat in case of a future claim. That much has been established.
Disregard what the idiot who probably doesn't grasp the difference between Cruise Control/AP/EAP said, because he probably never set foot in a Tesla.

You got a minimum wage phone clerk to transfer you to his brainless supervisor who is not paid to interpret the legal provisions written by qualified lawyers in your insurance contract, and probably wouldn't know an autonomous vehicle is if hit him in the arse.
You are fine with the current wording in your contrat in case of a future claim. That much has been established.
Disregard what the idiot who probably doesn't grasp the difference between Cruise Control/AP/EAP said, because he probably never set foot in a Tesla.
Exactly. The OP has been utterly fobbed off by the “supervisor.” Maybe the OP should have asked the “supervisor” for the company’s definition of ALKS and whether this differs to that used by the UN/ECE regulations?

Are you having a larf? That means it does not cover all the UK
View attachment 956712
The Irish no longer accept the term "British Isles" as including them. You can see why, although the term is useful to a geographer, and they offer no useful alternative.

Look at the fuss over the name of the rugby team, the Lions. You can no longer call them the British Lions or the British Isles, it has to be the British and Irish Lions.

The "CTA Lions" anyone?