Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP taken away without notice.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm just checking to see if anyone else has had the same issue I'm dealing with. I ordered a Model 3 long range rear wheel drive with the partial premium interior and Autopilot on April 11th 2019. Two days later the pricing structure changed and the dual motor was around $2000 more but not the $6000 more it had been just two days earlier. I was told that I couldn't get the partial premium interior with the dual motor only the premium interior, and with that I would get the enhanced autopilot. So I figured sure why not. My beautiful vehicle arrived in mid May with all the features I expected. On August 6th I received an email from Tesla stating that because I purchased EAP I could purchase FSD at just $3000 but I had to purchase by August 16th. I was happy with just the EAP since I don't foresee myself needing FSD. On October 22nd my Model 3's screen would not wake up upon my approach with my phone key nor after getting inside. I was able to put it in drive however the screen was still black so I took my other vehicle to work that day. I ended up having it towed to my local Service Center. I was told that my vehicle experienced a temporary network fault which left it unable to communicate with the network. They said they had to do a reset and that cleared the fault. I got my vehicle back on the 24th and all was back to normal. The following day I went to the school parking lot across the street from my home to hone my Smart Summons skills so I don't look like a major dush when I feel the need to use it in a real world setting. On October 28th I received free SC miles I was owed since May of 2019 that had to be added by the referral team. Great I now have 6808 mile of free Super Charging. However I now no longer have my Enhanced Auto Pilot. I'm being told that I didn't pay for EAP and that I had probably a 60 or 90 day trial of FSD. If that were the case wouldn't I have received something stating this and let me know when the trial would be over as well? I had EAP on my vehicle when delivered, the delivery agent had to show me how to operate summons mode. As stated earlier I took delivery of my vehicle in mid May so I'm not buying into the 60 or 90 day trial suggestion. I bought my car at a time when Tesla was making changes on the fly dang near daily and I feel somehow they are attempting to pull the EAP from me and others to make us have to buy FSD because they want the free use of that additional revenue. Has anyone else had this same issue with EAP being part or the premium interior package at no additional cost and still has it or have had yours removed as well.

• Disagree
Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
So I'm just checking to see if anyone else has had the same issue I'm dealing with. I ordered a Model 3 long range rear wheel drive with the partial premium interior and Autopilot on April 11th 2019. Two days later the pricing structure changed and the dual motor was around $2000 more but not the $6000 more it had been just two days earlier. I was told that I couldn't get the partial premium interior with the dual motor only the premium interior, and with that I would get the enhanced autopilot. So I figured sure why not. My beautiful vehicle arrived in mid May with all the features I expected. On August 6th I received an email from Tesla stating that because I purchased EAP I could purchase FSD at just $3000 but I had to purchase by August 16th. I was happy with just the EAP since I don't foresee myself needing FSD. On October 22nd my Model 3's screen would not wake up upon my approach with my phone key nor after getting inside. I was able to put it in drive however the screen was still black so I took my other vehicle to work that day. I ended up having it towed to my local Service Center. I was told that my vehicle experienced a temporary network fault which left it unable to communicate with the network. They said they had to do a reset and that cleared the fault. I got my vehicle back on the 24th and all was back to normal. The following day I went to the school parking lot across the street from my home to hone my Smart Summons skills so I don't look like a major dush when I feel the need to use it in a real world setting. On October 28th I received free SC miles I was owed since May of 2019 that had to be added by the referral team. Great I now have 6808 mile of free Super Charging. However I now no longer have my Enhanced Auto Pilot. I'm being told that I didn't pay for EAP and that I had probably a 60 or 90 day trial of FSD. If that were the case wouldn't I have received something stating this and let me know when the trial would be over as well? I had EAP on my vehicle when delivered, the delivery agent had to show me how to operate summons mode. As stated earlier I took delivery of my vehicle in mid May so I'm not buying into the 60 or 90 day trial suggestion. I bought my car at a time when Tesla was making changes on the fly dang near daily and I feel somehow they are attempting to pull the EAP from me and others to make us have to buy FSD because they want the free use of that additional revenue. Has anyone else had this same issue with EAP being part or the premium interior package at no additional cost and still has it or have had yours removed as well.
Does your monrooney label say you paid for EAP? How about online, does it show your car has EAP?

We are discussing a similar situation with a member on another thread. Most believe the signed MVPA supercedes the window sticker but there are several who are adamant the window sticker is the authority.

What do each of yours say?

Reactions: Akikiki
When you login to Tesla.com and you go to Manage --> View Details, does it it list "EAP" under options? You can also look at your purchase agreement to see if EAP was included.

If it wasn't listed as part of the agreement (or on Website) then it sounds like you received EAP in error.

Reactions: tvad and jimmym1981
Check your purchase agreement, it should clearly state what you paid for. Like others mentioned, if it's not on there, not much you can do about it. Their explanation of it being a trial isn't that far-fetched. I've read plenty of members stating they had certain features way past the trial expiration date. But if you did purchase it, don't fret, they'll make it right.

Reactions: CaptainSlooow
Yeah just verify if it's something that you paid for initially. It's a sizeable amount so there should be a line item to account for it in any paper trails and financing/credit card payment.

My original window sticker said EAP but I knew it didn't have it. I had them reprint me a new one. And ofcourse the 5k charge was there on my credit card when I did end up buying it later on...

Enhanced Autopilot stopped being offered on new cars in March 2019, so it's unlikely you'd have it in a car bought in April unless it was a "used" showroom or older inventory car. What's your build date?

The explanation that you might have had the FSD trial actually makes sense, as that would include the entire former EAP functionality.

What's the build date on your car? You can find it on the driver's door panel label. Sometimes cars were ordered by someone and then later the order was cancelled for another trim/color/etc. so you could have been matched with a car that it had been spec'd on during production. There have been cases like during quarterly rush where people reported being matched up with cars that had software features they didn't want and those were later removed so that they could sell the car the person paid for. And yes, the dual motors were only sold with premium package. I do know when I bought my Model 3 AWD (delivered 9/2018) I paid extra for EAP (and later was offered the FSD at a discount otherwise it was $3K at that time).

So my thinking is if you switched from a LR to an AWD that they matched you with, unless you actually paid for EAP at the time (and will be shown as $5K on your MVPA) you didn't buy it and got use of it for free and Tesla didn't catch this until they had to work on your MCU. Before that happened, it makes sense that in their computer system it showed EAP so the email on the FSD went out to you automatically (again an error if you actually never paid the price for the EAP at time of your purchase). Unless you laid out the cash for EAP, it's just Tesla correcting an error in their system.

Let us know what you MVPA states.

Last edited:
Check your purchase agreement, it should clearly state what you paid for. Like others mentioned, if it's not on there, not much you can do about it. Their explanation of it being a trial isn't that far-fetched. I've read plenty of members stating they had certain features way past the trial expiration date. But if you did purchase it, don't fret, they'll make it right.

I bought a December 2018 build inventory mid range car in March 2019, and I paid for the standard autopilot. I quickly noticed it definitely had enhanced autopilot including basic summon even though it was not on the purchase agreement or window sticker. I didn't say anything and enjoyed it fully expecting one day it would get pulled from the car with an OTA update. I ended up selling that car and getting a stealth performance in July, so I'm not sure what happened with the EAP. Perhaps the car still has it, but I would not be surprised if it was also removed once the "error" was discovered. I don't think anyone should be surprised or upset when software is removed that was never paid for, and I would just count the free time as a great extended trial period to see if you find value in the product. I personally didn't see the value proposition beyond standard autopilot, so on my new car I did not purchase FSD. The long trial I had was valuable in discovering while EAP was cool, it was not worth the $6k for FSD when I bought the new car (since EAP could not be spec'd at the time).

@Sir Earl Grey when you quote a previous post, you can show your reply to that post just below. No need to make a separate post showing your reply. Here is an example:

Enhanced Autopilot stopped being offered on new cars in March 2019, so it's unlikely you'd have it in a car bought in April unless it was a "used" showroom or older inventory car. What's your build date?

The explanation that you might have had the FSD trial actually makes sense, as that would include the entire former EAP functionality.

Not sure where to locate the build date, but it had 11 miles on it when I took possession.

I would be okay had I not been told that the premium interior included EAP. Also if the sales person provided me with incorrect information why would I not be notified I was receiving a trial and the start and end date of said trial and an offer to purchase at the end of said trial. All I received was the email saying since I paid for EAP I could upgrade to FSD for $3000. It sure sounds like a lot of errors going on to make this scenario fit.