Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! Nice to see more NJ deliveries! I'll probably be taking delivery at Springfield as well when I finally get my invite. Just curious, did they attach the front license plate bracket or was it just in the trunk for you to attach yourself?

@PoitNarf, the front plate bracket is safely in the trunk....they kindly offered to attach it at delivery and I decided to wait until my official license plates come in before "processing" it mentally;).

@PoitNarf, the front plate bracket is safely in the trunk....they kindly offered to attach it at delivery and I decided to wait until my official license plates come in before "processing" it mentally;).
I think I’ll do the same thing when I take mine next week in Springfield as well (VIN 46xx). I didn’t like the front plate on my S and I think it’ll be worse on the 3...

Reactions: PoitNarf
Thought I would joint to give people some idea of how quickly things are getting ..Talk about some amazing speed on Tesla's part...NY past model s owner... (from way back when we had to put 5k down with no demo car. and waiting in line in NJ to test drive one for 3 minutes)..now driving an x... reserved 4/1 online.. configured January 25th .. Vin January 27th.. Paid January 31st.. pick up confirmed on February 6th THIS TUESDAY ... heading to have it re-painted probably on the 6th as well.. will post before and after photos

forgot to add... what are we doing about front plates east coasters? the 3m tape idea seems week... weened another after market choice? Anyone?

Last edited:
Lots of service center deliveries on YouTube with grinning owners and smiling employees, shiny cars, and good lighting.
Here’s my rural delivery
AF2FC9F8-24AF-4AB6-926D-9F5FE4DFB174.jpeg
VIN low 3000’s. Perfect except for some scratched chrome above the doors, a cracked side view mirror, and maybe a passenger door alignment issue; plan for service visit already in the works.
Took papers to town office for plates.
There was a containment hold on the car so a ranger drove up to check two things. 1 check the brake pedal part number and replace if needed (replacement not needed). 2 check the torque on brake caliper bolt, if too tight, would need to order a new part and have it replaced at service (torque ok). Phone app activated after hold lifted.
<grin>Love It!</grin>