Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It went right to 40/64 ... the 70 is a bigger 60 not a smaller 85 so only 1 charger is possible from what I know -- guess I just had to experience it for myself, looks like I'm maxxed-out at 40A for AC charging (which might change the $$$$ when I call an electrician for HPWC quote as there's no reason to feed it more than 32-40A... at the moment ;)

Even at 40A this is a very handy spot and since there's only 1 HPWC I imagine that's why some folks here may have not been too motivated to communicate more about it ;) I should have tested the J1772 there too (I think it was Sun Country but not on their map ??) as I'd be fine dropping a bit lower to let someone take advantage of a lot faster charging on the HPWC with dual chargers.

Amazing that it's all still a "plug in and see what you get" affair... car is just so good, even propellerheads like me take the plunge without knowing all the facts, that really says something.
This has nothing to do with the battery size. I have a 60 with duel chargers and I can charge up to 80A.

Yes, but in that case it will say 40/40.

No. I have a 70D with a single charger and a 64A Telsa hpwc at home and it says 40/64.

6bda7aca32ff778e11aefc2658a116d5.jpg

In that case, the behavior has changed from what it used to do.

Perhaps, but if it changed then it changed prior to 2013. I have always seen the behaviour that everyone here describes - the car shows you the maximum current possible from the source, but you only get 40A if you have a single charger. I remember this specifically because I thought that a 48A, 200V source would give me 9.6 kW, since Tesla advertises the charger as being 10 kW. It doesn't. It gives you 8 kW (40A * 200V). It's a 40A charger.

I was by MTL yesterday at 8 am. Both Superchargers were free, but I ended up not needing them. My car had been valeted in for minor repairs and annual service, and it occurred to me that I could simply drive the loaner back because I was coming to town anyway. Tesla agreed, and I simply swapped for a fully-charged car!

Actually, I don't think that is correct. I only have one charger and if I recall correctly, I see the potential higher amperage even if I can't take advantage of it.

Could be a firmware-related thing. I had a loaner with a single charger some time last year, and when I plugged it in to my 80 amp station at work, the display just said 40/40. My own car says 79/79 (for some reason) and a newer loaner I had said 80/80.

Do they have the typical fenced-in compound there with the Supercharger equipment in it? Has it been "roughed in" for more stalls? It might just be an electrical capacity issue from the utility in that area.

There's a little fenced off area but it's really small. See it's to the left of both stalls... On the right edge of this picture.
12196287_10153703246064089_7110116233369250248_n.jpg

I remember reading somewhere that there are 4 stalls, 2 of which are available for the service center (inside the garage). If its the case, they are not visible from the part of the shop you leave you car when getting service...

There's a little fenced off area but it's really small. See it's to the left of both stalls... On the right edge of this picture.

I remember reading somewhere that there are 4 stalls, 2 of which are available for the service center (inside the garage). If its the case, they are not visible from the part of the shop you leave you car when getting service...

Thanks. Looks like a special "mini" setup. My guess remains that it is a utility capacity problem... especially if 2 stalls are in less accessible areas. Perhaps it's on the margin if all 4 are in use at the same time, and they want to be able to control demand somewhat.

Looks like the "Hamilton" supercharger location has officially been moved from coming in 2015 to coming in 2016. :-( I can't say that I'm surprised.
Same thing with Riviere-du-loop.
Port Hope still looks like it is planned for 2015, but I wouldn't be surprised if it misses the deadline by a month or two.

Looks like the "Hamilton" supercharger location has officially been moved from coming in 2015 to coming in 2016. :-( I can't say that I'm surprised.
Same thing with Riviere-du-loop.
Port Hope still looks like it is planned for 2015, but I wouldn't be surprised if it misses the deadline by a month or two.

Disregard my previous posting. Hamilton and Riviere-du-loop are back on the SuperCharger roll-out map scheduled for end of 2015. Yeah, sure. I suspect they won't be there for long.