Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Parry Sound isn't on the 2016 map, but North Bay and Sudbury are and they aren't mentioned in the article. IMHO the article isn't fantastic, it is actually a bit of a letdown since it doesn't mention other SCs that are supposed to be built in 2016 - such as Ottawa, NB and Sudbury, just to name those in Ontario

Parry Sound isn't on the 2016 map, but North Bay and Sudbury are and they aren't mentioned in the article. IMHO the article isn't fantastic, it is actually a bit of a letdown since it doesn't mention other SCs that are supposed to be built in 2016 - such as Ottawa, NB and Sudbury, just to name those in Ontario
Obviously Tesla changes the potential map because Magog and Grimsby were not on it but I worry that any unexpected SC's will just be substitutes for the expected ones, not that those two surprises aren't well located. That would be an unfortunate situation because for every unexpected SC that delights someone, the lack of action on the expected ones will aggravate someone else (like me, lol). What suffers is that for a company that is very much built on high expectations (new Model 3) they seem to constantly be putting themselves in the position of disappointing. Yet look at me, I did not hesitate to plunk down the deposit for the Model 3, so go figure!

Obviously Tesla changes the potential map because Magog and Grimsby were not on it but I worry that any unexpected SC's will just be substitutes for the expected ones, not that those two surprises aren't well located.
I can't speak for Magog but I think it is pretty likely that Grimsby is the actual location of the "Hamilton" SC from the 2016 map. But they are tardy in updating their SC maps so it is hard to tell. It is also possible that they have chosen Parry Sound in lieu of Sudbury.

Reactions: Jaff
We had a great time today in Grimsby...
A big thanks to everyone for attending!

cs1.jpg
cs2.jpg

Last edited:

Yes... but I wouldn't read too much into that. There seems to be a very loose connection between that map and actual intentions. They seem to have a policy of saying absolutely nothing... and then one day somebody bumps across a construction site.

I imagine that they've decided that it's better to under-announce and over-deliver, rather than to disappoint when construction delays slip an opening date. It's hard to argue with that.,

My money is that we will see all of Sudbury, North Bay, Parry Sound and Gravenhurst this year.

So it appears the only locations mentioned in that article that are not already on supercharge.info are Huntsville and Parry Sound. Green dots below, for non-locals:

upload_2016-5-26_18-18-56.png

Does anyone know the relevant local county/council/municipal/(whatever you have there!) website to look?

I don't know what supercharge.info is

supercharge.info - basically a crowd-sourced map of supercharger locations. Of course the official Tesla site has all the open locations, but supercharge.info also includes locations under construction as well as locations where a permit has been submitted for a particular site. The site admin doesn't add a site until a specific street address has been confirmed.

The Tesla 2016 map claims that their map "is indicative of routes it plans to activate" and as we all know, the locations can change, and of course entire areas can be delayed. The supercharge.info map, while unofficial, is more accurate. Each location on the website points back to the relevant thread on a forum, usually here at TMC for English speaking countries.

The site is run by Blueshift :)