Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have never had issues with the IKEA parking lot and personally never seen it at capacity (although I avoid shopping weekends in general), although was their last boxing day and it was busy but still had parking. I think so long as they put them near the back it won't get ice'd. Although still think Bayshore would be the best(if possible)
Problem with ikea is that mall parking lot is a NIGHTMARE at even half peak.. I've legit had it take 20 minutes to get from ikea to the highway just because it's so poorly designed and full..

I still think Bayshore or Costco would be okay, maybe even bells corners cause it's reasonably close to both highways ?
** Side note * if traffic is backed up towards pinecrest(rush hour) and heading east try the back roads to Woodroffe and save the traffic nightmare at Pinecrest.

Rather than posting in the individual threads:

North Bay, Baldwin, Blind River and Sault Ste Marie all show up as red dots on the official "find us" map (some show up with the location details, some show up as "coming in 2019" - they must be in the process of updating them) - so they should be confirmed regarding the recent game of "they're on now - but will they stay activated?"

Rather than posting in the individual threads:

North Bay, Baldwin, Blind River and Sault Ste Marie all show up as red dots on the official "find us" map (some show up with the location details, some show up as "coming in 2019" - they must be in the process of updating them) - so they should be confirmed regarding the recent game of "they're on now - but will they stay activated?"

All of the ones mentioned above show in the on board map show as "Temporarily closed"

• Informative
Reactions: Manitoba Keith
First post, but just wanted to note that it looks like a new Tesla SuperCharger is under construction in Niagara Falls, ON near Mt. Carmel Plaza (corners Thorold Stone and Montrose) / Food Basics.

Here is a photo (confirm my suspicion please)

On the tesla find us website, it says coming soon to St. Catharines. This station is about 10 minute drive from St. Catharines.
@Doug_G , with this new find, could we have the 3 posts above mine diverged into a new thread called “Supercharger - Niagara Falls, ON”? Thanks

Haven't seen any posts about Kingston here in a long time, anyone heard anything about them improving it? The few times I've been down that way I've avoided it since it was full, but in winter that will be impossible to avoid, and brockville is showing 0 progress :(
There is some discussion in the Kingston specific thread. They really need to update Kingston and (more importantly) get Brockville up and running as that will negate the need for Kingston. I drove from Toronto to Manotick on Christmas Day and back on Boxing Day. There aren't many decent charging options between Manotick and it is 165km each way on the 416/401 between Manotick and the Kingston SC so that is not easy to do in my P85D.

Once Brockville is up and running I really doubt that I will ever use Kingston when going from Toronto to Ottawa and back. A quick stop at Belleville on the way east from Toronto should be enough and a stop at Brockville on the way home will do the trick.

I had my first referral (her first winter with electric) go there last week to Kingston and she had a terrible experience, a bunch of the nozzles on the ground half-frozen in snow and ice. Some of the stalls weren't working and those that did were slow. I've never been but in no hurry to see that for myself after the few I've gone to have been great.

I saw the fallen-out cables too at Kingston and at Cassleman and various other places. I haven't been to a V3 supercharger yet; I hope they have a better handle-hanging mechanism. The old ones fall out if there is the slightest bit of twist in the cable, which happens easily when it's cold.

Reactions: navguy12
New to SC map, for Ontario, not on 2019 map - planned in 2020:
Collingwood
Bancroft

Removed:
Batchawana Bay

A bunch more in Quebec added
A bunch West and Atlantic too - should be in their thread

Bancroft! The combo of this and Renfrew are huge game changers. It makes a huge, beautiful patch of the province accessible where it was not before. Not even any CHAdeMO in that area. Keeping my fingers crossed that these will actually be built in 2020...or 2017 in Renfrew’s case.

• Funny
Reactions: mrElbe
Whatever the long term plans are, Tesla should have the Quebec City and Brockville sites built ASAP.

Levis is routinely full and tonight there were 10 cars in Kingston where apparently only one stall out of six was working.
+1

And they should fix the reporting for Kingston as it seems to have been always incorrect over the last few months (unless it was fixed in the last two weeks).

If I understand correctly, Ontario does not allow super chargers to charge by the kilowatt hour but rather by the minute. Tesla prefers charging by the kilowatt, and this is obviously fair. I understand California has passed the law to require all chargers to charge by the kilowatt hour.

How do we petition the Ontario government to follow California’s lead?

Perhaps we could get some of the Ontario clubs to start a petition.

Reactions: navguy12
Natural Resources Canada is handing bucket-loads of our tax dollars to CT "as part of the Government of Canada’s $182.5-million investment to develop a coast-to-coast fast charging network for EVs" according to their new release yesterday:

Well, I would think that before handing these public funds to recipients like CT, that building at least one Tesla fast charger per location should be a mandatory requirement, given that Tesla cars have the longest range making it feasible and possible to do these coast-to-coast drives in the first place, not to mention that Tesla sells cars coast-to-coast to anyone anywhere! There should be more Tesla fast chargers coming online than are being built by organizations like CT and others that are getting our money.