Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
During the four times we have used the Lawrence SC coming and going (during the week and on weekends) on our trips from Ottawa, we have not found the traffic to be too bad to reach the SC from the 401 using Victoria Park. Maybe we were lucky but I was pleasantly surprised.bwe did not use the DVP.

The one time I tried Vic Park, I got stuck in a huge traffic jam due to an accident at an intersection. Just my dumb luck!

Given it is almost September, and we have an SC map dot for Cobourg for 2015 with no sign of any construction started, and we have several people on this thread interested in a logical winter necessity SC stop point between Toronto and Kingston...will you all join me in a little chant (to the tune of We Will Rock You):

Boom, boom, crash...
Boom, boom, crash...

WE... WANT....
WE... WANT....
CO...BOURG, crash...
Boom, boom, crash...

WE... WANT....
WE... WANT....
CO...BOURG, crash...
Boom, boom, crash...

I know people might not consider this food, but there's a McDonalds on the other side of the Good Life fitness that you might not see from the SC unless you walk around. I actually like their coffee and a Egg McMuffin (pass on the hash brown). The My Goodness (Whole Foods style) has some weird hours I think, and very nice people working there. Bathroom was great too. :)

Have a good trip!

Thanks. It was a good trip. Made it back to Barrie with 49 km left. This included driving around Huntsville with two or three people and equipment.
Also showing off with the acceleration a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish the food places were more numerous in Barrie. Why did they put it in the north end of an empty lot?
It should have been put in North Barrie so one is closer to Muskoka as opposed to Toronto.
The Panera bread place is a long walk and the My Goodness place only has Smoothies for breakfast. The only breakfast place is McDonald's. Ugh! Although their coffee is pretty good. Better than Tim's and Starbucks.

Given it is almost September, and we have an SC map dot for Cobourg for 2015 with no sign of any construction started, and we have several people on this thread interested in a logical winter necessity SC stop point between Toronto and Kingston...will you all join me in a little chant (to the tune of We Will Rock You):

Boom, boom, crash...
Boom, boom, crash...

WE... WANT....
WE... WANT....
CO...BOURG, crash...
Boom, boom, crash...

WE... WANT....
WE... WANT....
CO...BOURG, crash...
Boom, boom, crash...

I think it makes more sense to put it west of the 35/115 interchange. Bowmanville to Kingston is 190 km. Bowmanville to Woodstock is 200 km. Why shift it further east, precluding serving traffic going up 35/115?

I wish the food places were more numerous in Barrie. Why did they put it in the north end of an empty lot?
It should have been put in North Barrie so one is closer to Muskoka as opposed to Toronto.

But you have to remember that not everyone that uses this SC is going north. For people going west it is perfect . But I do hope that the area does fill up with a few amenities other than the few there now.

At least in Barrie there should never be an issue with ICEing. :)

The value of walking across a huge parking lot is that it seems to make the charging process go faster and you get some exercise to boot.

Yup! And I really like the location of the LA Fitness between the SC and the McDonalds. It forces you to consider whether or not that Big Mac is what you need!

Haven't they already chosen Coburg, as it is on the 2015 map? Or is the map not precise enough to nail that down?

Really, from this map you can tell exactly where they are going to put it? You must have better eyesight than me. :)

x copy.jpg

Really, from this map you can tell exactly where they are going to put it? You must have better eyesight than me. :)
Well on my browser the map is a bit bigger than that. No you can't tell exactly where it is but it sure seems east of Oshawa and West of Belleville (you can see the bump caused by Prince Edward Country) so that gives you roughly Cobourg although it could be Port Hope or Grafton or somewhere near there.

I would be happy with any location between Oshawa and Belleville, but we need it before winter! So Tesla, please pick a spot and get it going!

As you know, six of the eight existing Eastern Canadian sites had at least part of their construction done between December and March, but I don't think Tesla wants to deal with Winter work again. So, there's really not much of a window left for breaking ground.

That's why I think Tesla Motors would be advised to consider temporary stalls somewhere. Besides the risk of new 70 and 60 CPO owners running into trouble, the Kingston site could get clogged up by everyone wanting a full range charge when heading to Toronto.

Well on my browser the map is a bit bigger than that. No you can't tell exactly where it is but it sure seems east of Oshawa and West of Belleville (you can see the bump caused by Prince Edward Country) so that gives you roughly Cobourg although it could be Port Hope or Grafton or somewhere near there.

That's a full-resolution crop of the original. Of course the whole map is larger than the small portion I posted.