Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New supercharger maps on tesla's site. Note they're hidden for now, possibly site update soon. 2016 NA supercharger map : teslamotors

Quick eyeballing of the site gives these new sites

First round
Levis, QC
Riviere-du-Loup, QC
Cobourg area, ON
Hamilton area, ON

Second round

South Shore of Montreal, QC (As pointed out by user Kalud, the soon-to-be-open 2-stall site at the Montreal Center isn't on any official map. The mapped location is a new site on the Trans-Canada).
Woodstock, NB
Huntsville, ON
North Bay, ON
Sudbury, ON

The file names have dates in them. "First round" is 2015, "Second round" is 2016.

I think that really is Cobourg. The map is a bit obliterated by all the labels, but you can see hwy 7 and hwy 115 above the marker.

Awesome to see that. It will really help simplify trip planning, and make the trip much easier in winter.

From the supercharger team, restating what has already been said, but I like the mention that Kingston is weeks away:

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. The Kingston Supercharger site has taken longer than originally promised, and we apologize for the continued delays. We recognize the extreme importance of this location and it remains a priority for the team.

To provide some more detailed insight, the majority of Tesla construction is complete, but the Superchargers still must be connected to the utility’s primary line. Because of the electrical complexity of this site in particular, a custom piece of equipment is required before the utility can provide power. We are working with the necessary parties to expedite the ordering timelines, but it will be several weeks before the site is available for customer use. In parallel, we continue to evaluate additional options to quickly bring charging to Kingston. We appreciate the continued support from our owners to expedite, but this is not a delay by the utility or the City. Please continue to direct all inquiries regarding Kingston timing to [email protected].

As soon as work is resumed onsite, we will send an email with an updated status report and expected opening timeline.

Thank you for your continued support and patience,
The Tesla Supercharger Team

Hamilton might be a bit of an odd choice...only because if Tesla does install a full store / Service Center in Oakville, you would think they might want some Superchargers there...
I think Hamilton would be good because it's a large city and depending on where it's located could serve both the 401 going to Detroit and QEW going to buffalo/NY. It is pretty close to woodstock and then buffalo but i guess the goal is to have the option to skip over chargers. Anyways, the superchargers more the better!

I think Hamilton would be good because it's a large city and depending on where it's located could serve both the 401 going to Detroit and QEW going to buffalo/NY. It is pretty close to woodstock and then buffalo but i guess the goal is to have the option to skip over chargers. Anyways, the superchargers more the better!

They need one somewhere between Barrie and Sudbury. 300+ km is tough in the winter. I'm assuming that the intent is eventually to allow Toronto folks to get onto the transcanada west.

Unless they are planning a service center in Hamilton and not Burlington/Oakville. :)

I'm biased of course, I would love to have a Supercharger and Service Center in Hamilton....

Hamilton might be a bit of an odd choice...only because if Tesla does install a full store / Service Center in Oakville, you would think they might want some Superchargers there...

Who knows, but the rumours that I've heard spoken about (who knows if they will pan out) have not mentioned Hamilton, only Oakville / Burlington...if right, I can't see a Hamilton store or service center until there would be enough local vehicles to support it...

Unless they are planning a service center in Hamilton and not Burlington/Oakville. :)

I'm biased of course, I would love to have a Supercharger and Service Center in Hamilton....

From the supercharger team, restating what has already been said, but I like the mention that Kingston is weeks away:

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. The Kingston Supercharger site has taken longer than originally promised, and we apologize for the continued delays. We recognize the extreme importance of this location and it remains a priority for the team.

To provide some more detailed insight, the majority of Tesla construction is complete, but the Superchargers still must be connected to the utility’s primary line. Because of the electrical complexity of this site in particular, a custom piece of equipment is required before the utility can provide power. We are working with the necessary parties to expedite the ordering timelines, but it will be several weeks before the site is available for customer use. In parallel, we continue to evaluate additional options to quickly bring charging to Kingston. We appreciate the continued support from our owners to expedite, but this is not a delay by the utility or the City. Please continue to direct all inquiries regarding Kingston timing to [email protected].

As soon as work is resumed onsite, we will send an email with an updated status report and expected opening timeline.

Oye Shalloy

Several weeks eh? Crikey. First I waited until last June when it was announced the SC's in Ontario would be online, then August, Sept.... blah blah blh... then Xmas holidays and now possibly the March break. Wow. Maybe by the time the Gen 3 car is in production we can supercharge in Kingston. In the meantime I'm giving up on travelling to Toronto unless the temperature minimum is no less than 10 degrees. Otherwise it'll take days to drive from Montreal to Toronto. I know, first world problems.

So having said that, betting? I've already lost one bet. I'm betting pizzas and beer on opening March 8 2015. Anybody in?

That's the same message, word for word, that they sent me (and others) on Dec 15. So we can hope that "several weeks" now is now somewhat less time than "several weeks" then, but at this point, who knows - it'll be done when it's done.