Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EDD For Tesla MYP Jan. 2023 Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Original Order: MYLR Blue/Black/5 Seats/19"/Tow
OD: 1/15 11PM East, completed profile immediately (order agreement says 1/16 OD)
Original EDD: Jan-Mar
Updated EDD: 2/9-3/9
2/3 - Updated Order to MYP Blue/Black/Tow (order agreement still shows 1/16 OD)
EDD: 2/9-3/9 (no change)
VIN: 2/7 PF683xxx (received text & email)
EDD: 2/26-3/7
2/9 - exchanged texts with online sales and they mentioned VIN ETA is 2/21, and I should receive a text to schedule delivery within a week
Delivery TBD
Tesla Location is Westchester-Mt. Kisco NY

For those that aren’t aware MYP = Model Y Performance. That’s who this group is for…MYP orders from January…says so right in the heading. We know you’re excited for your order of MYLR and MYAWD/SR but this isn’t the place to share your order details. You’re seeing mention of MYLR by others because that was their initial order and they switched to MYP.

Reactions: Ray_R
MYLR blue\white, changed to MYP blue\white on 2/7
OD: 1/13 @ 8AM PST
EDD: Jan - March
EDD: Jan - Feb
EDD: Feb 5 - Feb 19
EDD updated on 2/6: Feb 16 - March 16
VIN: no
I also had a MYLR Blue and changed to MYP Blue/white. My EDD is March 13-31. What is interesting is that I upgraded before you on Feb 4th. BUT my OOD on the MYLR was much later than you - 1/22. So it seems they are honoring the original order date instead of the upgrade date. Which seems the fair thing to do.

Reactions: chobra
I also had a MYLR Blue and changed to MYP Blue/white. My EDD is March 13-31. What is interesting is that I upgraded before you on Feb 4th. BUT my OOD on the MYLR was much later than you - 1/22. So it seems they are honoring the original order date instead of the upgrade date. Which seems the fair thing to do.
Yeah that's what my SA told me. They try to prioritize by order date. I guess that means if everyone is switching over to MYP a lot of folks that ordered recently might see their date move back.

• Informative
Reactions: chobra
Yeah that's what my SA told me. They try to prioritize by order date. I guess that means if everyone is switching over to MYP a lot of folks that ordered recently might see their date move back.
This was an even bigger issue last year when wait times for MYP were 3 months and MYLR were 6-9 months. People would switch from LR to P who had ordered many months before current P orders and jump in front of them, subsequently delaying and delaying more recent P orders. There could be a P order from June getting jumped by LR switching to P order from Jan.

I wonder with more people moved over to MYP, Will MYLR Edd be pushed back a little or they may move up delivery date since more people choose myp. Wish we can see this data. 😁
Yeah possibly but March going pass soon and tax credit who knows what is going to happen. I normally go on Tesla site and pretend to order MYP and still says feb to March time frame didn’t change yet.

I wonder with more people moved over to MYP, Will MYLR Edd be pushed back a little or they may move up delivery date since more people choose myp. Wish we can see this data. 😁
That is the question....will Tesla just build more MYP instead of MYLR they had planned to build in order to get the higher margins out of the MYP orders or will they stick with whatever previous schedule they had before the $80K price cap (which was likely a lot of LR builds and few P builds) which would now accelerate MYLR orders as more people switch to MYP.

I'd say they will just make more MYP and delay some LR. My friend just got his first specific EDD for a Feb 3 LR order and it is Apr 29-June 10....so Tesla is pushing LR into June already even though the configurator still says Mar-May.

• Informative
Reactions: Wu01ok and chobra