Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edinburgh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Q1) How did people get from airport to Tesla Newbridge!?

Q2) for those from NI did u stop enroute for a charge and some lunch and if so where ?

Thanks - get car in 17 days

Q3) how long did it take u to get down to the ferry from Tesla Edinburgh ?

1 - Taxi - it's only about 2/3 miles

2 - I presume you mean once you have your car on the route to the ferry? Depends if you need a charge (LR/P shouldn't need a charge to get you hom) - Most cars are 80/90% on pick up from when I got mine. If you need a quick stop on route without much of a detour there is a pay for Instavolt which is quick (50kw) and easy to use (35p per kw contactless) at The Bannantynes Gym, Ayr

(Google Maps)

There is Tim hortons coffee shop/Frankie and Bennies there as well if you want to grab a coffee. That's probably your easiest one to hit on the way as it's right at the side of the ayr bypass without going off route.

3 - again presuming your going from Cairnryan ferry to Belfast? If so from Edinburgh it's about 3 hours to ferry.

Booyaka76 thanks for detailed info

Pick up time is 11am Sunday 17th and flexi ferry ticket booked for the 4.30pm. If I’m in good time for the 4.30 I’ll make instavolt Ayr my lunch stop off and for a top up. Am I right that for Instavolt you simply tap your contactless card, charge-up and go?

Reactions: WannabeOwner
1 - Taxi - it's only about 2/3 miles

2 - I presume you mean once you have your car on the route to the ferry? Depends if you need a charge (LR/P shouldn't need a charge to get you hom) - Most cars are 80/90% on pick up from when I got mine. If you need a quick stop on route without much of a detour there is a pay for Instavolt which is quick (50kw) and easy to use (35p per kw contactless) at The Bannantynes Gym, Ayr

(Google Maps)

There is Tim hortons coffee shop/Frankie and Bennies there as well if you want to grab a coffee. That's probably your easiest one to hit on the way as it's right at the side of the ayr bypass without going off route.

3 - again presuming your going from Cairnryan ferry to Belfast? If so from Edinburgh it's about 3 hours to ferry.
Ooh, do we have Tim Horton now. I thought that was Canada only?

Booyaka76 thanks for detailed info

Pick up time is 11am Sunday 17th and flexi ferry ticket booked for the 4.30pm. If I’m in good time for the 4.30 I’ll make instavolt Ayr my lunch stop off and for a top up. Am I right that for Instavolt you simply tap your contactless card, charge-up and go?

yeah - tap contactless, plug in CCS cable, press start and away it goes - then just tap contactless card to end session.

Enjoy the new car and hope it all ties up for you.

Just waiting to get mine back from Edinburgh SC - been with them for 10 days now! (see charging woes thread) - got a loaner Model S currently so no big shakes.

Thanks booyaka I’ll grab a Tim Hortons and experience my first top up !

Ferry and flights booked last night

Thanks for all the info ref insurance once I hear back from Novo and Abbey I’ll sit down and compare them to see which offers the best overall quote etc. Good points ref the likes of courtesy car !!! Hope u get ur model 3 back soon .

yeah - tap contactless, plug in CCS cable, press start and away it goes - then just tap contactless card to end session.

Is that limited to £30? Although even if 35p kWh, thats not going to be a real problem.
But a more real issue...
What happens if contactless is rejected? My bank will reject every 5 contactless payments or when cumulative contactless amount exceeds £130.

Is that limited to £30? Although even if 35p kWh, thats not going to be a real problem.
But a more real issue...
What happens if contactless is rejected? My bank will reject every 5 contactless payments or when cumulative contactless amount exceeds £130.

There is an exemption in the rules from the 5 transactions/EUR150 limit for Unattended transport and parking terminals. I would expect Instavolt to be taking advantage of this to avoid the problem, though I don't know for sure.