Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edit Design without affecting price now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm curious about this as well. When I ordered on 10/5 I selected MYLR White on White Gemini. Now Silver is an offered free color. I'd definitely go to MSM if offered the opportunity to do so prior a VIN assignment and no change to price. I think it will look pretty nice in that color with a matched tint all the way around :)
i asked my SA about opening up my order and they said they can't. i'm in the same boat. i ordered on 10/22.

below is their response:
That option is only available for vehicle orders placed after a certain date, to which yours does not qualify at this time

• Informative
Reactions: Silence88
This is sick.. how did you postpone the order that far…..
Tesla used to be very lenient about letting you put your order on hold for as long as you want. I held until January 1st if this year. Looking forward to getting the car soon! Thinking about dropping the induction wheels and go for the rimt
Waiting to see what your result is. I have a price about as old as yours and don't want to risk it either. I'd love to change my interior to white and maybe drop the inductions to get the 19s for more sidewall/comfort. I don't much care for the look of the 19s, but the Laminar wheel covers by Rimetrix look quite nice.
I am thinking of doing the same on the wheels.

I just changed mine using the edit order link in this thread. Changed from LR MSM to P red. Pricing did not reflect the recent price increases (I ordered early November). Basically with the price increases I got free performance!

I just changed mine using the edit order link in this thread. Changed from LR MSM to P red. Pricing did not reflect the recent price increases (I ordered early November). Basically with the price increases I got free performance!
Did you get an updated motor vehicle order agreement that reflects the old price? I have an order from September, and am considering doing the same.

Tesla used to be very lenient about letting you put your order on hold for as long as you want. I held until January 1st if this year. Looking forward to getting the car soon! Thinking about dropping the induction wheels and go for the rimt

I am thinking of doing the same on the wheels.
We may not have the option to do so. One of the posts in this thread says this only applies to orders after a certain date? Certainly ours won’t qualify?

We may not have the option to do so. One of the posts in this thread says this only applies to orders after a certain date? Certainly ours won’t qualify?
I ordered 9/27/2021 and I am able to change my color with that link posted in this thread and am able to see price still remain at old price when I ordered ($53,990+options). Just giving a data point.

looks like SAs do not know what they are talking about. Shocking!!

please use the link in this thread. i was able to edit mine using the link https:// www. tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNXXXXXXXXX

sorry about the confusion.

i was able to switch to blue and white interior at same price that it was when i purchased the car. (1k more for color and 1k more for interior)

Reactions: Silence88

please use the link in this thread. i was able to edit mine using the link https:// www. tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNXXXXXXXXX

sorry about the confusion.

i was able to switch to blue and white interior at same price that it was when i purchased the car. (1k more for color and 1k more for interior)
Dang it, you are just gonna make me check that link out! Maybe, just maybe there is a change in Tesla policy that works in my favor unlike this FSD nonsense booting me to the end of the line? Thank you for reporting your results.

Yes, the order date on the order agreement shows as the date that I made the change.
Wouldn’t this put you back further in line? When I got my Mach E and also right now with my Bronco order, the order date is one of a few factors (dealer allocation and build options are other) for the order priority. Is Tesla mostly based on the same factors (geography instead of dealership allocation)?

Tinfoil hat theory: what if Tesla is doing this to move the early holder (lower price lower margin) orders further back and then are filling the order that have more price increases?

Super userful. I asked my SA on Monday if I could make the swap to the P for the 5k delta, and still don't have anymore than you can for 67k base. But loading that up, I see I can. And now the decision making. When the LR was coming in August, keeping the range and the option to get half the performance back for 3k less made sense. But now that it's October - maybe - less sure. I want my current car in Oregon for my mom before winter (Outback) and I rarely need the extra range, so I might as well enjoy the speed?

I contacted a SA and he miscommunicated the price increase. I asked him if I would pay more if I switched from white to grey. He said no. I said ok do it. I get my order change email afterwards, sure enough my order reflects a $1K increase for the color. So even though silver is free now, because of when I ordered it wasn't they will make you pay for it. Makes sense I suppose, oh well either I go back to white, keep the silver, it go to blue which is very close to the imperial blue I had on my BMW that looked great with a tint... Wife said don't spend anymore money...