Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edit Design without affecting price now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m debating on making the switch to MYP. It was about a $7k price difference when I ordered which isn’t bad. Plus get the goodies like matrix lights, brakes. Anyone already make the switch and have it keep at the lower price?
I didn’t make the switch to a P, but when I select it, it reflects the lower priced of when I ordered. I recently made a change on my configuration and prices are staying. You won’t need to worry about it increasing.

I'm in Canada and tried reaching out to them to change to the 7 seat config but was told that the price will change. It looks like only the orders from the US aren't changing the base price.

Hoping the same comes to Canada.

I didn’t make the switch to a P, but when I select it, it reflects the lower priced of when I ordered. I recently made a change on my configuration and prices are staying. You won’t need to worry about it increasing.
I just changed my Oct order to MYP. Kept the same pricing on the order agreement. Basically getting a MYP for the current MYLR pricing.

Folks, thanks for the great information. My OD was 12/27, I just couldn’t wait for an EDD of June-July, just switched to a MYP. Hoping the EDD moves up significantly.

Edit: Adding picture of order to show that I’m still on the pre-hike price, so Im considering this a “free” performance upgrade courtesy of Tesla :).

Will update once the EDD changes.

Attachments

• 02F9B758-1BD0-406F-A2AB-97F30172D2FB.jpeg
    02F9B758-1BD0-406F-A2AB-97F30172D2FB.jpeg
    56.2 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Reactions: Blueswoosh248
Folks, thanks for the great information. My OD was 12/27, I just couldn’t wait for an EDD of June-July, just switched to a MYP. Hoping the EDD moves up significantly.

Edit: Adding picture of order to show that I’m still on the pre-hike price, so Im considering this a “free” performance upgrade courtesy of Tesla :).

May follow suit if incremental upgrades don't shift things up at least a little.

Reactions: JimMay
May follow suit if incremental upgrades don't shift things up at least a little.
I’ll update the thread if my EDD changes, one concern is MYP in my config is already June 2022, so my MYLR EDD is not drastically different, I’m curious to know whether their algorithm takes into account the new modified OD or the original one, if the latter, I probably won’t see a big change in EDD. One motivation was I saw a ton of posts here of people ordering MYP a week or two ago and getting VIN in under a month. Sad to see.

Reactions: Blueswoosh248
Super userful. I asked my SA on Monday if I could make the swap to the P for the 5k delta, and still don't have anymore than you can for 67k base. But loading that up, I see I can. And now the decision making. When the LR was coming in August, keeping the range and the option to get half the performance back for 3k less made sense. But now that it's October - maybe - less sure. I want my current car in Oregon for my mom before winter (Outback) and I rarely need the extra range, so I might as well enjoy the speed?
well, that was dramatic. Made the change around 4pm Saturday. No immediate change to date from the Sept-Oct EDD. This morning I woke up to a VIN number and ready as soon as tomorrow! (Blue P, with toe hitch) This was too soon, as I intend to finance, so I pushed it to Thursday. Like others, it changed from pickup at Colma to delivery to the house.

I thought I had a couple months to get the charging module added to my solar inverter, but for my needs, I'll do fine with L1 for the near term.

Tiny bit of concern that this is someone else's reject. Also now silly irritation that I had just renewed the registration on the car it's replacing, but that was a sunk cost and was due on the 18th.

So far the trend seems to be that if you make a change you get a VIN shortly after 😆. I’m sure it’s mostly location-based, though. Please do update on how your EDDs change as they happen! It’s a major factor into whether we’re going to make a change (we’ve had one car on order since August, and I’m not willing to be bumped to the back of the line for making a change!)

Don’t kid yourself. It’s NOT a free upgrade. If you originally picked a MYP, you would have paid more then your original order and been driving it already. You are just trying to justify spending more money

These Vin assignments the next day stuff. That's gotta be location based... Anyone on the East Coast, even if they were assigned a vin, is going to have a 2 week lead time or more. I debated switching to MYP, but ultimately, that will make me spend $6K more and then another $2-3K on a second set of wheels for winter time here. This thread is the best marketing influence that Tesla could hope for. Without coming out and directly saying it, people are changing their orders, spending more money than they originally budgeted, so they could get a chance to get their car sooner. I'm not complaining. I'm just saying, that Tesla's hive-mind marketing is amazingly good. It preys on peoples FOMO and does it by spending basically nothing.

I'm not going to lie, I've thought about changing my order to MYP just so I can have my car now, but then my logical rational side takes over and brings me back to where I am now.