Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edit Design without affecting price now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did your order date change on the updated order agreement pdf they sent you yesterday?
Would that push you back to the end of the line
it shows:

Order placed with
electronically accepted terms

03/18/2022

so perhaps it did? but my EDD remained the same for now. i switched to the white interior.

1647700039400.png

Last edited:
Reactions: JDL@h
I want to make a change but I really want to know what this does to your EDD. Can anyone tell us if their EDD moved up or back depending on the changes they made?

If you change colors or wheels do you go to the back of the line?

If you change from MYLR to MYP does the EDD jump up??

I want to change from LR to P but I don't want to get caught in the EOQ rush. Right now I'm showing June 8- July 6 which is perfect for me. I don't wanna switch and get a VIN next week LOL!

I want to make a change but I really want to know what this does to your EDD. Can anyone tell us if their EDD moved up or back depending on the changes they made?

If you change colors or wheels do you go to the back of the line?

If you change from MYLR to MYP does the EDD jump up??

I want to change from LR to P but I don't want to get caught in the EOQ rush. Right now I'm showing June 8- July 6 which is perfect for me. I don't wanna switch and get a VIN next week LOL!
unless you add FSD, i don't think its going to jump that much. they still have supply chain issues. I bet mines going to get moved back if anything.

a bigger question is...if i switch to blue or black will my delivery come from Austin??!

Sorry if for a noob question……how did you guys change design without changing price? Did you do it with the SA or could we do that online? I don’t see any place online to do that. Only change I could try to do is ADD or REMOVE FSD.
www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNxxxxxxxx

put in your RN number instead of the x's in your browser. make sure you are logged into the tesla account first.

Reactions: morbidz
That's odd! I just tried mine and the base price was the current price so I didn't save the changes.
I used to have the edit design link until this morning. My edd changed from May 2022 to Aug 20 - Oct 15 and now the link is gone.

IIll email them and see. Thinking of going for the 7 seater config

Wouldn’t this put you back further in line? When I got my Mach E and also right now with my Bronco order, the order date is one of a few factors (dealer allocation and build options are other) for the order priority. Is Tesla mostly based on the same factors (geography instead of dealership allocation)?

Tinfoil hat theory: what if Tesla is doing this to move the early holder (lower price lower margin) orders further back and then are filling the order that have more price increases?
I made changes to my model 3 order (placed originally 10.5) to add FSD and downgrade 19" wheels to 18" Aeros and my EDD did not change. EDD was 3.31 - 4.14 when I made the change. I was so scared that it would push me way back but decided it was worth the risk. Not only did my EDD not change but I got my VIN 2 days later and am scheduled for delivery on 3.25! Perhaps adding FSD helped. I am keeping FSD but for what it's worth I still had the option of removing it after receiving my VIN.

Wouldn’t this put you back further in line? When I got my Mach E and also right now with my Bronco order, the order date is one of a few factors (dealer allocation and build options are other) for the order priority. Is Tesla mostly based on the same factors (geography instead of dealership allocation)?

Tinfoil hat theory: what if Tesla is doing this to move the early holder (lower price lower margin) orders further back and then are filling the order that have more price increases?

I went from initial order to VIN in about 3 weeks. Every time I add an option the EDD moved up.

No need for a Tinfoil hat. It is no secret that Tesla is accelerating orders which maximize revenue. It is working too. I know a couple of people that went with an MYP over a MYLR solely based on EDD.

So maybe only in examples where you are making changes that removes options. If you order a base MYLR today it shows December but add any option and it bumps to sept estimated. So my thinking is an example where someone does this change order and strips all options, it would throw you in a EDD like you were ordering a basic MYLR today.

So maybe only in examples where you are making changes that removes options. If you order a base MYLR today it shows December but add any option and it bumps to sept estimated. So my thinking is an example where someone does this change order and strips all options, it would throw you in a EDD like you were ordering a basic MYLR today.

Yes, basically if you reconfigure to a lower price, expect the EDD to get pushed out.