Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrical Accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've bought a tyre inflater which I think is very like the one that Tesla sells. It has a plug that fits into a cigarette lighter socket. For the life of me I cannot find one on my Model 3 (MY 2021 MIC). So do I not have one? Would anyone know of a tyre inflater that can be powered from the USB port?

I wish someone would put all these tips into a book or something :)

Screenshot 2021-10-24 at 11.33.03.png

It's been a very long time since
That's unusual - I have never picked up a new car in my life that had nothing/no answer to the question - "I have a puncture what do I do?"

Must have been many years since you last picked up a new car or you have a proper off-roader, it's been like this ever since emissions was a hot topic. Less weight means the cars do better in the MPG and emissions tests. One of the first things they got rid of was the spare tyre.

I have specified a spare tyre when available, but it's been over 13 years since I picked up a new car that included a spare in the basic specifications, even then a spare was unusual back then.

Breakdown companies became very popular.

Now it's all about range, of course.

Must have been many years since you last picked up a new car or you have a proper off-roader,
I've had 3 new Q5's and one new Macan in the past 12 years and all (as standard) came with 'squirty stuff' and an inflator and all had the option of a collapsible spare. I can understand that the spare wheel might add a bit of weight and reduce the range but the squirty stuff!

I've had 3 new Q5's and one new Macan in the past 12 years and all (as standard) came with 'squirty stuff' and an inflator and all had the option of a collapsible spare. I can understand that the spare wheel might add a bit of weight and reduce the range but the squirty stuff!
Tesla's roadside assistance will bring you a new loaner wheel, that's the included service. There is also a pump and sealant stuff available for purchase from spares if you want it. My previous BMW had runflats, so the ride was pretty bad and tyre replacement was expensive, but I assumed I could escape from gunfights like James Bond.

I have specified a spare tyre when available, but it's been over 13 years since I picked up a new car that included a spare in the basic specifications, even then a spare was unusual back then.
It was an optional extra in my previous BMWs and Jaguars for at least 8 years. I don't think I've even used one in nearly 40 years of driving.