TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Electrician in DFW Area for HPWC and/or NEMA install

Discussion in 'Texas' started by cab, Jul 23, 2016.

1. cab

cab Member

As I am (seriously) shopping for a CPO Tesla, does anyone have an electrician they would recommend for install of the HPWC (100 amp....dual charger capable) and/or Nema 14-50? I'm in the Grapevine area (e.g. near the DFW airport)? I'm not looking to get reamed on the install cost of course. I have installed 220 outlets before (i.e. it's not rocket science), but this would be a longer run vs. the one I installed 2 feet from the breaker box....and much fat cable of course.

I do still have my Blink Charger installed, but not in the location I would prefer.

Anyway, any recommendations are appreciated.

2. Boourns

Boourns Member

I used Smart Charge Residential to install a 15-50. They are based in Austin but also do work in DFW. The work was very well done but there was some miscommunication between the first person talked to and the installer. Also I think was on the expensive side for what they did. So if you can find anyone else I'd suggest giving them a call. Otherwise I think you could get it done just as well cheaper.

3. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

4. Cnasty

Cnasty Member

That link doesn't seem to be working too well.

I am also looking for one in the Frisco/McKinney area as I have my S on order.

It would be like a foot under the panel in the garage so hopefully very easy.

5. TMC Bubba

TMC Bubba Member

It links to a closed group (another excellent reason to join NTTOG.com!) I don't think Rick will mind if I repost the information here -- I have removed members' last name from the post.
    --------------
    ELECTRICIAN recommendations from NTTOG

TERESA ·SATURDAY, MAY 21, 2016
    ELECTRICIANS RECOMMENDED IN THE GROUP
    Shlomo : Call Daniel 214 900 9738
    Get a quote. He will be half price of all others--
    He has done various work for us besides the Tesla Plug..... like security cameras, network hardwiring,entertainment centers,remodelling, generator installation...
    Truth is...sometimes he comes up with such low fees - we just add a hefty tip

Ty : I have a TOP notch independent electrician. He installed my Tesla wall charger perfectly for $400. Jaime (817) 715-8421

Nandoo : Gotten quotes for over $1000 from tesla recommended electricians but I used Frisco electric and paid $250 to install the outlet right below the junction box and works great!

Robert : Chris Edmondson of CK Electric did mine (214) 208-7754, CKElectric
    Jerry : I've used Electrician Plano | Electrical Repairs, Ceiling Fans, Light Fixtures 214 613 1000. They've done great work.
    John : I used an independent electrician named Luis Gonzalez in Feb 2015 and was very pleased. He ran a line from the circuit box, through the attic and down the wall to my desired location for under $500. HIs number is: (972) 342-7700
    Brett : I also live in Plano. I used Electric Man, Inc. (Emergency Electrician | Electricman Inc.) back in November. They did a great job....I've had zero problems.
    Michael : Fox Electric did my install...two different houses
    Jeff : Anybody but Mr Electric. It took three attempts and Tesla to get involved to fix their problems.

• Informative x 1
  6. cab

cab Member

Thanks Guys - much appreciated!

7. Cnasty

Cnasty Member

Awesome! Thanks so much for the options.

8. ggies07

ggies07 Active Member

Thanks for the info!

9. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

No, I don't mind, but for anyone reading this after July 2016, note the Facebook list is the one that we keep current and the one above is out of date.

10. gastowatts

gastowatts Member

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to add my experience with the NEMA install in the Plano area. I contacted all the Tesla recommended electricians to get quotes, Fox Electric was the best (Tommy Parker) and quoted my $300 for an outlet right below the panel and did an awesome job! Can't believe one of the other fancier website companies recommended by Tesla quoted my $1000 for the same exact install! Glad I shopped around.

Cheers.

11. ggies07

ggies07 Active Member

That's great! and thanks for sharing :) I will remember this when I get my Model 3.