Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ellensburg, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I've found the new Ellensburg supercharger location! Didn't snap any photos, which I now regret, but it appears as though the Taco Bell just down the street from the existing Ellensburg SC is having spaces near the entrance converted over.

You can currently see where it appears the electrical has been trenched in from the street and spray paint marking how they need to jackhammer away the asphalt to route electrical conduit and put in curbing for the chargers.

Someone else check it and let us know if I'm correct on this one.
According to PlugShare it is Electrify America. PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

41730860-504E-4EED-B31F-006D73B7F44B.jpeg
Looks like you’re right about it being electrify America as that’s the address listed on their website as well.
My guess as well. Here’s a picture of the charger. Parking lot looks like four units. Transformer was being installed as I went by.

Yikes. I am taking a trip to Prosser from Auburn this summer and was going to stop at cle elum one way and ellensburg the other but I wonder if I should just do cle elum both ways.
My in-laws live in Prosser. Summer is a long ways away. The chargers will be fixed by then. However, this location is known for overheating and crowding. If you go during the morning on a weekday it will be fine. I personally prefer slow charging at Snoqualmie pass and hiking or biking the logging roads. Do you have a place to plug-in in Prosser or a CHADEMO adapter? The Greenlots machine in Ellensburg is pricey but close to several nice restaurants.

My in-laws live in Prosser. Summer is a long ways away. The chargers will be fixed by then. However, this location is known for overheating and crowding. If you go during the morning on a weekday it will be fine. I personally prefer slow charging at Snoqualmie pass and hiking or biking the logging roads. Do you have a place to plug-in in Prosser or a CHADEMO adapter? The Greenlots machine in Ellensburg is pricey but close to several nice restaurants.

I think I will just do cle elum, tri cities, cle elum. We will go to the tri cities so I will charge there which should give me plenty for the trip back west. Might check out the green lots charger if my passengers want something other than that cafe or whatever that is near the cle elum charger.

Hwy 261 from RItzville to Washtucna is a knuckle grabber. There's hills and corners and autopilot looses it. So, you have to actually DRIVE the car. It's not a pleasant drive. Google maps says that route is 34 minutes. To go back to freeway 395 to Washtunca for the easier drive is about an hour. That means a longer charge in Ritzville adding more to the delay. I have suggested to both Chambers of Commerce in Pullman and Colfax to approach Tesla to install a Supercharger. Colfax would be best as I could do a daily charge when coming in from Ellensburg for a football game and on the way back not have to do a nearly full charge to get back. Right now I have to scrounge around Pullman to get a slow daily charge and a slow full charge to get back.

Reactions: IdaX
Hwy 261 from RItzville to Washtucna is a knuckle grabber. There's hills and corners and autopilot looses it. So, you have to actually DRIVE the car. It's not a pleasant drive. Google maps says that route is 34 minutes. To go back to freeway 395 to Washtunca for the easier drive is about an hour. That means a longer charge in Ritzville adding more to the delay. I have suggested to both Chambers of Commerce in Pullman and Colfax to approach Tesla to install a Supercharger. Colfax would be best as I could do a daily charge when coming in from Ellensburg for a football game and on the way back not have to do a nearly full charge to get back. Right now I have to scrounge around Pullman to get a slow daily charge and a slow full charge to get back.
I don't remember that being a tough drive at all. But yeah I generally don't recommend autopilot on country roads. Snow and winter driving conditions are another matter. Most Tesla owners making such a drive won't be doing it in winter.

But yeah there should definitely be a supercharger in Pullman. Would be a coup for Colfax if they could beat them to the punch, but Pullman would serve the whole area better. Most people going to the area would probably be going to Pullman anyway and it would be a reasonable detour for drivers travelling on US95 in Idaho.

Speaking of US 95, they could fairly easily "complete" US 95 by putting one near McCall and one somewhere near Grangeville (I'm not as familiar with that area as I haven't been through there since I was a kid). Those two along with Pullman/Moscow would connect CDA to Boise. Then one more in SE Oregon would connect Boise to Winnemucca. The rest of US 95 south to the Mexican border is basically already complete. They will probably add one in Blythe, CA with all the issues at Quartzsite, but even if they don't, Quartzsite is already relatively close the US 95 route.