Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ellensburg, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We did stop at cle elum and 8/12 were full. Surprisingly there were 4/5 open at ellensburg at the same time. It all worked out okay though.

I just wish Cle Elum had a Starbucks or something. It seems like the much better supercharger (and frequently near empty when the other is full) but no restroom/coffee stop is rough. I figure when going up to Seattle (from Tri Cities area) I’ll stop at Ellensburg first to grab a drink and use the restroom and if I get lucky I’ll charge... if not I’ll hit Cle Elum.

I just wish Cle Elum had a Starbucks or something. It seems like the much better supercharger (and frequently near empty when the other is full) but no restroom/coffee stop is rough. I figure when going up to Seattle (from Tri Cities area) I’ll stop at Ellensburg first to grab a drink and use the restroom and if I get lucky I’ll charge... if not I’ll hit Cle Elum.

Cle elum will have a coffee place/cafe again in about a month.

Had to use Cle elum on the way back to Seattle today as ellensburg was showing 0/5 available when I was getting on I90. Range left when I arrived at cle elum was 23 miles so cutting it a bit close. The drive from Prosser to ellensburg really sucks the miles down. The Yakima charger would be nice.

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX and ReddyLeaf
Cle elum will have a coffee place/cafe again in about a month.

Had to use Cle elum on the way back to Seattle today as ellensburg was showing 0/5 available when I was getting on I90. Range left when I arrived at cle elum was 23 miles so cutting it a bit close. The drive from Prosser to ellensburg really sucks the miles down. The Yakima charger would be nice.

Ya, I really would feel more comfortable with a Yakima Supercharger.

Reactions: im.thatoneguy
Yesterday, the SC was showing all full at 11:30, but was completely empty when I arrived at 2pm. Unless Tesla is showing us false use information to convince people to use Cle Elum instead, this location is really variable. Also, almost every time I use this station somebody is driving highway 97 to The Dalles or Omak/Wenatchee. Tesla could definitely reduce demand on this station by adding Yakima (btw, still nothing found a Fred Meyer).

This location does seem to be really variable! I was the only car there and plugged in to charge, I walked a little ways down to get something to eat but wanted to keep an eye on it to make sure my car wasn't just hogging a spot.

I noticed it said 4 out of 5 full so I started to head back (maybe 6 or 7 minute walk) and by the time I got back I was the only car again. I find it really odd that three other cars needed to charge for less than 10 minutes... but maybe they were just getting a coffee/bathroom break and decided to plug in as a "why not" rather then NEEDING the charge and using the restroom as a "why not"?

That could be why we see this full often but it seems to clear really quick too...

I find it really odd that three other cars needed to charge for less than 10 minutes...

I usually only ever supercharge for 10-15 minutes. That's usually the optimal charge time for a 250-275 miles trip each way.

310 -> Drive down to 49%, charge up 10 min +85 miles, arrive with ~150 miles. Hopefully find an opportunistic charge somewhere for an extra 30-40 miles. On the return, charge up another 85miles and that just gets me home.

I was just here in the morning today, and was only getting about 50kW max on 3A. Tried another stall (second one from the pull-in stall) to compare, and got about 44kW. Seems suspect. I was the only one here when I tried these two stalls.

I attempted to call the phone number on the stalls to report, but the hold queue was nearly an hour. Sent them an email instead.

I usually only ever supercharge for 10-15 minutes. That's usually the optimal charge time for a 250-275 miles trip each way.

310 -> Drive down to 49%, charge up 10 min +85 miles, arrive with ~150 miles. Hopefully find an opportunistic charge somewhere for an extra 30-40 miles. On the return, charge up another 85miles and that just gets me home.

Ya, but that meant 3 cars all pulled in within minutes of each other at ~8pm at night on a week day, got reduced charge speeds (because 4 out of 5 were full now) and left all at about the same time. Within about a 10 minute window. just seems odd. I would much more believe the polling speed is slow enough that if someone plugged in to one stall and got reduced speeds and unplugged and plugged into another one it would show both as full for a couple minutes. That would at least explain 3 out of 5 being full when counting my car and just one other car showing up.

Unless Tesla is showing us false use information to convince people to use Cle Elum instead, this location is really variable. .
Busy locations often show a high degree of variability. For example, I was at the Santa Monica CA location and when I arrived all 10 spots were full with three cars waiting, waited 10 minutes, charged for 15 and when I left there were 5 open spots.

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
This location does seem to be really variable! I was the only car there and plugged in to charge, I walked a little ways down to get something to eat but wanted to keep an eye on it to make sure my car wasn't just hogging a spot.

I noticed it said 4 out of 5 full so I started to head back (maybe 6 or 7 minute walk) and by the time I got back I was the only car again. I find it really odd that three other cars needed to charge for less than 10 minutes... but maybe they were just getting a coffee/bathroom break and decided to plug in as a "why not" rather then NEEDING the charge and using the restroom as a "why not"?

That could be why we see this full often but it seems to clear really quick too...
Bad data when you checked the occupation level.

Maybe I just don’t remember, but when I navigate to this SC, Tesla incorrectly shows it as SIX stalls. Yes, it still has FIVE as it always has.

Also, FYI for the newbie, stall 3A next to the green transformer is unpaired and the fastest charging for those with newer vehicles. Unpaired stalls are NEXT to each other instead of the usual paired stalls next to each other. As always, faster charging Model 3&Y should use Moses Lake, North Bend, and Yakima V3 SCs and leave this slow, small one for us older and slower charging models.;):(

Maybe I just don’t remember, but when I navigate to this SC, Tesla incorrectly shows it as SIX stalls. Yes, it still has FIVE as it always has.

Also, FYI for the newbie, stall 3A next to the green transformer is unpaired and the fastest charging for those with newer vehicles. Unpaired stalls are NEXT to each other instead of the usual paired stalls next to each other. As always, faster charging Model 3&Y should use Moses Lake, North Bend, and Yakima V3 SCs and leave this slow, small one for us older and slower charging models.;):(
cle elum and yakima are my prime points with my 3 :) You're welcome!

• Love
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
Interesting enough, there is a new pin on the official Tesla supercharger map showing a coming soon for Ellensburg, WA. Target of Q3 2022... maybe a second location since the first is old... slow... and not in the best location (other then prime Starbucks location). Or could be an expansion of the existing site... though that would be hard in that location.

Either way, I welcome an update to that area. Cle Elum is probably my primary, but more redundancy and capacity is better than less!