Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ellensburg, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped in Ellensburg twice. Friday night at 10p and tonight at 8p. Arrived with nobody else there either time. Good too because Tesla routed me to Cle Elum but ABRP said I would arrive with 5%. And it was right I would have arrived with like 10mi.

Good news was that both stations I tried worked well. I noticed the clipper creek had been backed into. Bolt owners watch out!

Just got back from a Fri-Mon trip to Seattle area, using EBURG at 10:30am Fri (3-4 stalls occupied) and 2:30 pm Mon (2 stalls occupied). Got 100+ KW each time, except 1B wasn’t working for me, so swapped to 3A. Received a notification on Monday that this is now a high use station and the infamous 80% limit is in effect. This shows on the app, dash, and screen, including when I was the only person charging. Definitely didn’t get that notice on Friday, even when nearly full stalls. So, station dependent, not time or use dependent.

• Informative
Reactions: Araman0 and IdaX
Wrong choice. Last night Ellensburg only had 2 of 5 working, and they are limited to 120 kW with a line waiting. Cle Elum has a 150 kW cap, no waiting, and all plugs seem to be working (I try a different one each time I visit).
Since I have a 70D, max charging at 116KW if I arrive below 10% SOC, there is no incentive for using a 150 KW station. Yes, working stalls are always better and I do want Tesla to keep all 5 stalls in optimal condition. I try to time my trips away from peak times. Monday afternoon I was the only one most of the time, arriving just as two others were leaving. I do wish Tesla had an 8+ stall SC in Ellensburg, but will use Cle Elum as needed. I may be lucky because my travel is “reverse flow” from the typical Seattle-area traveler (Westbound Friday, Eastbound Monday), I experience fewer crowds.

Since I have a 70D, max charging at 116KW if I arrive below 10% SOC, there is no incentive for using a 150 KW station. Yes, working stalls are always better and I do want Tesla to keep all 5 stalls in optimal condition. I try to time my trips away from peak times. Monday afternoon I was the only one most of the time, arriving just as two others were leaving. I do wish Tesla had an 8+ stall SC in Ellensburg, but will use Cle Elum as needed. I may be lucky because my travel is “reverse flow” from the typical Seattle-area traveler (Westbound Friday, Eastbound Monday), I experience fewer crowds.
I also travel at off-peak times and prefer Ellensburg to Cle Elum (mostly because I'd rather go to Starbucks or Taco del Mar than that goofy coffee shop in Cle Elum). So it's fine to use Ellensburg in this case. But we know it's a crappy supercharger, so don't complain when you experience sub-optimal performance in Ellensburg :)

Wrong choice. Last night Ellensburg only had 2 of 5 working, and they are limited to 120 kW with a line waiting. Cle Elum has a 150 kW cap, no waiting, and all plugs seem to be working (I try a different one each time I visit).
Today it still only has 2 working. It's currently showing as reduced service on the Nav and app but Tesla didn't put it down until we were only 20 min away. Got there and there were 5 cars in line and a Tesla mobile service tech was taping off the down ones. Cle Elum is not a good alternative when going north/south on 97.

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX
Depends on your SoC, doesn’t it? :)
Not really.

When I was there last weekend, the line before and after me was .. disappointing. So I charged to 50mi. -- enough for an uncomfortable but possible round-trip to Cle Elum -- and left immediately. I got home a lot faster than staying at Ellensburg past that minimum, and others behind me were helped by the vacancy.

Not really.

When I was there last weekend, the line before and after me was .. disappointing. So I charged to 50mi. -- enough for an uncomfortable but possible round-trip to Cle Elum -- and left immediately. I got home a lot faster than staying at Ellensburg past that minimum, and others behind me were helped by the vacancy.
I'd like to think people would exercise some teamwork in these situations but sadly, I think the tendency is to charge even longer after having to wait in that queue. Obviously anyone heading westbound should go to Cle Elum if they have enough range for it when they see the lineup, or they should charge just enough to get to Cle Elum. But I'm sure many of them charge enough to get to the Seattle area if that's where they are going.

Reactions: Araman0