Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pasco, WA (LIVE 20 Apr 2023, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This also passed final building inspection last week so hopefully the PUD was turning everything on and Tesla can provision asap.

1681187211141.png

Yes! It’s alive. Just stopped on my way into town after a 2000 mi trip. Thought I might luck out. Whooo hooooo. Was hoping to be first and finally beat @PLUS EV, but alas no. It’s amazing how quickly Tesla’s are selling and how many new SCs will be needed. Friday afternoon in Spokane and all 8 stalls were full +1 waiting, in what is a relatively new SC for me.

This makes 166 unique SCs for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! It’s alive. Just stopped on my way into town after a 2000 mi trip. Thought I might luck out. Whooo hooooo. Was hoping to be first and finally beat @PLUS EV, but alas no. It’s amazing how quickly Tesla’s are selling and how many new SCs will be needed. Friday afternoon in Spokane and all 8 stalls were full +1 waiting, in what is a relatively new SC for me.

This makes 166 unique SCs for me.
I don't think Plus has been here yet. You weren't first but you beat Plus.

How funny, I may have passed you on the way in that day. There was a white X behind me as well. I like this set up much better than the one at Fred Meyers. That one is a hot mess due to the faded lines. I saw the chargers near full there on several occasions and a few cars waiting in line all due to a few that parked crooked that messed up the flow down the line. I was tempted to paint the lines myself.

I think having chargers in the Target parking lot in Richland would have made more sense as it's much more convenient with it being a more practical location all around. Either way, glad to see SCs popping up in the Tri. I know quite a few people who use them due to living in apartments and such.

How funny, I may have passed you on the way in that day. There was a white X behind me as well. I like this set up much better than the one at Fred Meyers. That one is a hot mess due to the faded lines. I saw the chargers near full there on several occasions and a few cars waiting in line all due to a few that parked crooked that messed up the flow down the line. I was tempted to paint the lines myself.

I think having chargers in the Target parking lot in Richland would have made more sense as it's much more convenient with it being a more practical location all around. Either way, glad to see SCs popping up in the Tri. I know quite a few people who use them due to living in apartments and such.
Who knows, tesla may decide they need a SC in each of the tri cities so Richland target could have one in the future. Maybe in a couple years.

Reactions: Elektrick
Who knows, tesla may decide they need a SC in each of the tri cities so Richland target could have one in the future. Maybe in a couple years.

That's true and it would make sense to have the next SC there to complete the triangle. Speaking of which, would you happen to know of any SC plans for Walla Walla? I've used some chargers at the wineries and there's some Telsa level 2 on campus I think, but that's about it. It's surprising that there isn't any there yet for those traveling in from southern Montana, but then again I can't imagine there being many EV owners from that neck of the woods, fair enough. However, it is wine country with a lot of incoming tourists and I see Teslas all the time around there. Most coming in from the Tri won't have an issue as they can make it easily round trip on one charge. I guess for now the ones coming in from the big cities are topping off before going into wine country I assume.

That's true and it would make sense to have the next SC there to complete the triangle. Speaking of which, would you happen to know of any SC plans for Walla Walla? I've used some chargers at the wineries and there's some Telsa level 2 on campus I think, but that's about it. It's surprising that there isn't any there yet for those traveling in from southern Montana, but then again I can't imagine there being many EV owners from that neck of the woods, fair enough. However, it is wine country with a lot of incoming tourists and I see Teslas all the time around there. Most coming in from the Tri won't have an issue as they can make it easily round trip on one charge. I guess for now the ones coming in from the big cities are topping off before going into wine country I assume.
Out and back also are ideal for destination chargers, those wineries really need to get a bunch more destination chargers deployed. 208v at 48 amps is about 20kW in two hours, if it’s 240 volt that bumps up to 23kW. That’s significant… that’s ~25% of a 3/Y battery and 20% of an S/X.

Spend four or five hours at two or three locations and you should be able to get like 35kW to 40kW. Every winery should have like six to eight of those guys by now, or soon.

Especially since you can (or should be soon able to) charge for those destination chargers now. Set it at $0.20/kWh and they probably make a bit of money on that and someone pays ~$2.15/hr or something.

That's true and it would make sense to have the next SC there to complete the triangle.
If they were to do such a thing, I’m going to guess it would be in the mass at Duportail and Queensgate, and I’d guess in the target parking lot area. The MyPlace hotel would be my second choice.

But I think it’s a ways out

Reactions: Elektrick
Tesla is looking in WW but need a site host. They should also put something in L-C to the east.

Out and back also are ideal for destination chargers, those wineries really need to get a bunch more destination chargers deployed. 208v at 48 amps is about 20kW in two hours, if it’s 240 volt that bumps up to 23kW. That’s significant… that’s ~25% of a 3/Y battery and 20% of an S/X.

Spend four or five hours at two or three locations and you should be able to get like 35kW to 40kW. Every winery should have like six to eight of those guys by now, or soon.

Especially since you can (or should be soon able to) charge for those destination chargers now. Set it at $0.20/kWh and they probably make a bit of money on that and someone pays ~$2.15/hr or something.
If every winery put in 6-8 there would be way too many, and I’ve never seen more than 1 EV in a winery parking lot here. Wineries also use lots of electricity for equipment so most would not have room for 240-320A of spare load. Tesla quoted the winery where I work $10k+ just for cost of installing with licensed electrician for 6 destination chargers as part of their new charging partner program (and a fee to use the payment system). There is no return on that, especially if you need to upgrade a transformer to get more power. Also, a lot of tasting rooms are just that, a tasting room with city lot or street parking. Every winery having 1 would be great, 6-8 is just silly. The winery where I work is putting in a 48A L2.

And there is a 100kw FLO DCFC out at the airport exit in the Columbia REA parking lot across from College Cellars.

Did they say what Tesla wanted to use its payment system?
I’ll check when I get to work. I just wanted to get our charger on the destination map if we bought a HPWC but it was a no go unless we wanted to install at least 6. We also wanted J1772 so we are going with a different brand for $100 less. Took 1-2 months to hear back from Tesla after submitting the form on the website.

Did they say what Tesla wanted to use its payment system?
$0.01/kwh. They quoted $25,000-$50,000 average nationwide installation cost for 6-12 charger site. And there is a separate way to get listed if you don't want to do 6+ and be a commercial site host. Looks like we might get a J1772 Gen 3 HPWC now. Would be a great place to top off and get you back to the Pasco SC and your way back west. Or Pendleton/Boardman if you are heading those directions.

Reactions: goneskiian